- Title: FRANCE: Rain and heavy wind causes chaos in Cannes
- Date: 22nd May 2012
- Summary: CANNES, FRANCE (MAY 21, 2012) (REUTERS) WIDE OF PALAIS VARIOUS OF JOURNALISTS QUEUING UP TO WATCH MOVIE VARIOUS OF UMBRELLAS MORE OF JOURNALISTS QUEU ING VARIOUS OF PEOPLE ENTERING PALAIS WIDE OF BEACH OPPOSITE THE CROISETTE PEOPLE WALKING ALONG BEACHFRONT VARIOUS OF BOATS IN ALONG THE COAST VARIOUS OF WOMEN PUSHING PUSHCHAIRS AS PART OF STUNT FOR MOVIE "GODDESS" CLOSE OF POSTCARD MORE OF PEOPLE WALKING ALONG BEACHFRONT WITH UMBRELLAS VIEW OF PALM TREE REFLECTED IN CAR WING-MIRROR CANNES, FRANCE (MAY 20, 2012) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PREMIERE WITH SOAKED RED CARPET FESTIVAL WORKERS SWEEPING WATER OFF STEPS OF RED CARPET
- Embargoed: 6th June 2012 13:00
- Location: France
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVA8T121VQHN1HJRF6PBD1919Q3Q
- Story Text: Cannes' famous sun-soaked Croisette has become awash with unseasonably frigid, rainy and windy weather causing more chaos and havoc for festival goers running to various screenings, promotional events and red carpet premieres.
Film critics and journalists on Monday (May 21) were seen clutching umbrellas as they waited in line to enter their respective screenings.
The red carpet for premieres on Sunday (May 20) turned into a rain-bath with starlets, directors and cinema goers feet wet when walking the length of one of the world's most photographed events.
Appropriately enough, a clip from the Korean film "In Another Country" features actor Yu Junsang singing "It's raining" with French actress Isabelle Huppert in a tent.
Many industry events that were due to be held outside or on terraces have had to be cancelled or changed location, while the indoor bars and restaurants around Cannes have been inundated with people seeking some respite from the wet and cold weather.
With rainy conditions expected to last through the week, many would be sensible to pack away their flip-flops and swimming costumes and opt instead for wellies and raincoats.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None