- Title: UNITED KINGDOM: SPECIAL PREVIEW OF 1977 FORMULA ONE GRAND PRIX SEASON
- Date: 9th November 1976
- Summary: 1. GV Car unveiled (Wolf car) with cameraman filming (2 shots) 0.22 2. SV Scheckter and team members around car sipping champagne (3 shots) 0.35 3. SV Six wheeled Elf Tyrell and Ronnie Peterson takes car out onto track (4 shots) 1.04 4. GV Tyrell car around track and into pits (2 shots) 1.18 5. SV James Hunt into McLaren and taking it out onto track for lapping (3 shots) 1.49 Initials OS Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 24th November 1976 12:00
- Location: LONDON, U. K.
- Country: United Kingdom
- Reuters ID: LVA3JX3260XUC19H13EDPHFZ0951
- Story Text: With the first race in the 1977 Formula One grand Prix season less than two months away, several tams held receptions and tests in London on Tuesday (9 November) to display new car designs and new drivers.
SYNOPSIS: The biggest change from last season is South African driver Jody Scheckter's move to the new Wolf team. The team is owned and financed by Austro-Canadian millionaire Walter Wolf and it will run one car during its initial season. The Wolf team replaces the American Penske racing team which dropped out following a lack of success this year.
Scheckter had an outstanding season with the elf Tyrell team this year. He finished third in the world drivers' championship, but failed to find a working harmony with other members of the team.
His place behind the wheel of Elf Tyrell six wheel car is to be taken by Sweden's Ronnie Peterson. The six wheeled Tyrell is expected to make a big impact on the formula one circuit this year. peterson drove for the march team in 1976 and claimed one victory -- when he took the chequered flag in the Italian Grand Prix at Monza. He made a major impression in 1973 with the John Player Lotus team.
The Elf team took advantage of a dry winter's day to put in some practice at the Silverstone track on Tuesday.
The defending world champion, Britain's James Hunt was also at Silverstone on Tuesday. Although he has frankly expressed a wish for a new McLaren car, he will use a new McLaren M26 powered by a Fore Cosworth engine -- instead of the Ferrari he sad he would prefer. It appears that McLarne's number two driver this season will be West Germany's Jochen Mass.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None