- Title: WEST BANK: SUICIDE BOMBER STRIKES ARMY CHECKPOINT WOUNDING AT LEAST TWO ISRAELIS
- Date: 11th October 2003
- Summary: (EU) TULKARM, WEST BANK (OCTOBER 9, 2003) (REUTERS) 1. SLV PALESTINIANS BEING DETAINED BY ISRAELI TROOPS NEAR LOCATION WHERE SUICIDE BOMBING TOOK PLACE; AMBULANCE AT SITE OF BOMBING; ISRAELI SOLDIER; AMBULANCE LEAVING AREA (6 SHOTS) 0.53 2. SLV DETAINED PALESTINIANS WALKING BEHIND FENCE 0.58 3. SLV CHECKPOINT WHERE SUICIDE BOMBING TOOK PLACE; ISRAELI MILITARY VEHICLE; ISRAELI MILITARY JEEP (3 SHOTS) 1.2 4. HAS TULKARM SKYLINE 1.35 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 26th October 2003 12:00
- Location: NEAR TULKARM, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Reuters ID: LVA3C0JEW3QKFO3ODVV0YMLCOJ8P
- Story Text: A suicide bomber struck at an Israeli army checkpoint in the
West Bank, wounding at least two Israelis.
A Palestinian suicide bomber struck at an Israeli
army checkpoint in the West Bank on Thursday (October 9),
wounding at least two Israelis, military sources said.
The sources, who had originally described the bomber as
female, later said it was not clear whether the attack
outside the Palestinian-ruled town of Tulkarm was carried
out by a man or woman. There was no immediate claim of
responsibility for the attack, which appeared to be the work of
Palestinian militants waging a three-year-old uprising for
independence in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
The bombing, close to the West Bank boundary with
central Israel, followed a similar attack by a Palestinian
woman who blew herself up in a restaurant in the northern
Israeli port city of Haifa on Saturday, killing 19 people.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None