- Title: GAZA: ISRAELI MISSILE STRIKE KILLS THREE IN GAZA.
- Date: 13th May 2004
- Summary: (W4) ZEITOUN NEIGHBOURHOOD, GAZA STRIP (MAY 12, 2004) (REUTERS) 1. MV/PAN: PARAMEDIC AT SCENE AFTER SECOND ISRAELI MISSILE STRIKE 0.05 2. GV: AMBULANCES ON SCENE; PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND; AMBULANCES DRIVING AWAY (5 SHOTS) 0.47 3. GV: PEOPLE WAITING FOR AMBULANCES TO ARRIVE OUTSIDE HOSPITAL 0.53 4. GV/GV/PAN: WOUNDED BEING BROUGHT TO HOSPITAL; PEOPLE CARYING WOUNDED INTO HOSPITAL; PALESTINIANS CHANTING OUTSIDE HOSPITAL (5 SHOTS) 1.46 (U3) GAZA CITY, GAZA (MAY 12, 2004) (REUTERS) 5. LV/ZOOM IN: VIEW OVER GAZA CITY / SMOKE BILLOWING 2.02 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 28th May 2004 13:00
- Location: ZEITOUN NEIGHBOURHOOD AND GAZA CITY, GAZA
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Reuters ID: LVA3JBEBSV7YHB771S9T83RJUWF9
- Story Text: Israeli missile strikes kill 3 in Gaza.
An Israeli helicopter gunship fired a missile near a
mosque in Gaza City on Wednesday (May 12), killing three
Palestinians and wounding at least eight, most of them
women and children.
The Israeli army said it fired at a group laying
explosives against Israeli forces in the Zeitoun
neighbourhood, where Palestinian militants blew up six
Israeli soldiers in a troop carrier during a raid on
"We understand it hit civilians, but they (the
militants) are carrying explosives in civilian areas and if
we hadn't hit them we would have seen another event like
the one yesterday," an army spokeswoman said.
It was the second of two missile strikes in the area on
Wednesday as Israeli troops searched for the remains of
their slain comrades.
Earlier on Wednesday an Israeli missile struck a house
in a Gaza City neighbourhood wounding one Palestinian.
Israel Radio reported that the house, which residents
said belonged to a Hamas militant killed last year, had
been targeted because gunmen had taken up positions nearby
to fire on Israeli forces.
Witnesses said one man was critically wounded in the
air strike in the Zeitoun district. His identity was not
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None