- Title: IRAQ: CRUDE OIL PIPELINE ON FIRE IN KIRKUK AREA
- Date: 24th May 2004
- Summary: (W7) BAJWAN, KIRKUK, IRAQ (MAY 24, 2004) (REUTERS) 1. GV OF PIPELINE ON FIRE 0.06 2. LV FLAMES 0.14 3. SLV/LV FIREFIGHTERS PUTTING OUT THE FLAMES (6 SHOTS) 0.52 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 8th June 2004 13:00
- Location: BAJWAN, KIRKUK, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Reuters ID: LVAC4LMNIRJI2KL0C2AS5XAKWSYY
- Story Text: Crude oil pipeline on fire in Kirkuk area.
A pipeline west of Iraq's oil hub of Kirkuk was
ablaze on Monday (May 24), possibly to due sabotage that
has dogged efforts to rebuild Iraq's oil sector, oil
company officials said.
An official of the Northern Oil Company said fire crews
were attempting to extinguish a blaze on a pipeline about
five kilometres (3.11 miles) west of Kirkuk which broke out
at about 1500 GMT. The export pipeline to Turkey was not
affected by the fire, the official said, speaking on
condition of anonymity.
Sabotage has crippled efforts to rehabilitate the
northern export pipeline. The vast majority of Iraq's oil
exports now go through a southern terminal, which was
itself the target of an attack by sea last month.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None