- Title: UKRAINE: Five people killed as plane with parachuters crash lands near Kiev
- Date: 11th June 2012
- Summary: OUTSIDE OF KIEV, UKRAINE (JUNE 10, 2012) (REUTERS) PLANE IN FIELD WITH FIRE ENGINES, POLICE AND EMERGENCY WORKERS SURROUNDING IT INVESTIGATORS AND EMERGENCY WORKERS AROUND PLANE POLICEMAN GUARDING SITE AMBULANCE ARRIVING VARIOUS OF FORENSIC EXPERTS AT WORK FORENSIC INVESTIGATOR EXAMINING BODY POLICEMAN LOOKING AT WRECKAGE CRASH SITE FORENSIC INVESTIGATORS LOOKING IN CRASH ZONE VARIOUS OF FORENSIC INVESTIGATOR AT WORK VARIOUS OF PLANE CABIN CRASH SITE
- Reuters ID: LVA6I56R0PM154XFDFE6S9BUORT7
- Location: Ukraine
- Country: Ukraine
- Duration: 00:01:40
- Topics: Accidents,Transport
- Story Text: A plane carrying 20 people - 17 parachuters and three crew members - made a hard emergency landing at the Borodyanka airport outside of Kiev on Sunday (June 10), killing five and injuring the rest according to the Ukrainian emergencies ministry.
The plane made the landing at about 10:40 local time (0740 GMT), after encountering heavy winds and hard rain that blackened the skies over the Ukrainian capital on Sunday.
Three people are in serious condition, and 11 are in "medium" condition at the Borodyanka hospital. A foreign citizen was admitted to a private medical clinic.
Police were investigating the crash of the L-410 plane that apparently belonged to a Ukrainian flight school, according to the ministry.
One of the injured is Austrian, according to Ukrainian officials.
The airport is located about 57 kilometres (35 miles) west of Kiev.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:26th June 2012 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None