- Title: DOMINICAN REPUBLIC/AT SEA: TRUCKS MOVE BODIES OF PLANE CRASH VICTIMS
- Date: 9th February 1996
- Summary: PUERTO PLATA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC/ AT SEA (FEBRUARY 9, 1996/ RECENT) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) PUERTA PLATA (FEBRUARY 9) 1. SLV LARGE TRUCKS CARRYING BODIES FROM AIR CRASH LED THROUGH STREET BY ARMED GUARDS (3 SHOTS) 0.33 2. SV BLACK FUNERAL TRUCK DOWN ROAD 0.44 3. SV POLICE VEHICLE 0.51 4. LV TRUCKS CONTAINING BODIES MOVING OFF 1.07 5. SV REAR ADMIRAL JOAQUIN DIAZ SAYING IT WILL BE VERY HARD TO FIND ANY MORE BODIES BECAUSE THE WATER IS SO DEEP BUT THE SEARCH WILL CONTINUE...THEY THINK THEY HAVE FOUND THE BODY OF THE PLANE'S PILOT (SPANISH) 1.37 AT SEA (RECENT) 6. SV INT HELICOPTER 1.41 7. AERIAL VIEW OVER SEA NEAR AREA WHERE PLANE WENT DOWN, VESSEL SEARCHING 1.54 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA6FBPE9J46DZM5IIK7E8KAZGNQ
- Location: PUERTO PLATA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC/ AT SEA
- Country: AT SEA Dominican Republic CARIBBEAN
- Duration: 00:01:57
- Story Text: The bodies of people who died in an airliner crash off the Dominican Republic on Tuesday (February 6) were transported from the nearest port to the capital, Santo Domingo, on Friday (February 9).
As they were being moved from Puerto Plata, the country's deputy chief of staff, Rear Admiral Joaquin Diaz Morales, said the search for more bodies would continue. He said it was believed that the body of the aircraft's captain was among those discovered.
The plane, owned by Turkish charter airline Birgen Air and leased to Alas Nacionales of the Dominican Republic, crashed moments after takeoff from Puerto Plata.
All 189 people on board, most of them German tourists going home, were killed.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:24th February 1996 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None