- Title: GERMANY: MOURNING CONTINUES FOR CONCORDE CRASH VICTIMS.
- Date: 27th July 2000
- Summary: NEUSTADT, GERMANY (JULY 27, 2000) (REUTERS ACCESS ALL) 1. GV: VARIOUS OF HARBOUR (2 SHOTS) 0.10 2. GV/PAN/CU/GV: EXTERIOR BUILDING, HEADQUARTERS OF DEILMANN TOUR OPERATOR (4 SHOTS) 0.40 3. GV/TILT DOWN/CU/GV: EXTERIOR CHURCH, MOURNERS OUTSIDE (3 SHOTS) 1.02 4. GV: MAN TALKING TO NAVY OFFICIALS 1.09 5. MCU: SOUNDBITE (German) MATTHIAS GRUNDE, NAVY OFFICIAL SAYING: "We are here to show our solidarity with the victims. Whether the church is of help everyone must decide for himself." 1.22 6. GV/PAN: MOURNERS ARRIVING FOR MEMORIAL SERVICE 1.34 7. MCU: SOUNDBITE (German) TOUR OPERATOR PETER DEILMANN ENETRING CHURCH "I cannot describe it, it is such a painful feeling" 1.44 8. MV/PAN: DEILMANN ENTERING CHURCH 1.50 9. TV/ZOOM OUT/MV: DEILMANN TAKING SEAT (2 SHOTS) 2.11 10. GV/PAN: MOURNERS SEATED 2.27 11. SCU: PRIEST ADDRESSING MOURNERS 2.31 12. GV/CU: CHURCH/ WOMAN CRYING (3 SHOTS) 2.54 13. MV/ZOOM OUT/GV: DEILMANN ADDRESSING MOURNERS, SAYING PRAYER 3.34 14. GV/MCU: MOURNERS LISTENING (2 SHOTS) 3.43 15. CU/ZOOM OUT/GV: STATUES OF JESUS ON WALL (2 SHOTS) 4.02 BERLIN, GERMANY (JULY 27, 2000) (REUTERS ACCESS ALL) 17. GV/MV/PAN/CU: EXTERIOR REICHSTAG (PARLIAMENT) AND GERMAN FLAG FLYING AT HALF MAST (3 SHOTS) 4.21 18. GV: "BILD" MASS CIRCULATION NEWSPAPER WITH PHOTOGRAPHS AND NAMES OF SOME OF THE GERMAN VICTIMS 4.27 19. CU/CU/PAN: VARIOUS NEWSPAPER HEADLINES (4 SHOTS) 4.58 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA9YAC9OC0E7G7WMVH7TP6WAU7A
- Location: NEUSTADT AND BERLIN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Duration: 00:05:00
- Story Text: As flags flew at half-mast across Germany the nation
has been struggling to come to terms with the Air France
Concorde crash that claimed 113 lives, including 96 German
tourists headed for a luxury Carribean cruise.
Mourners on Thursday (July 27) brought their sorrow to
a memorial service in the northern town of Neustadt, where the
tour was organised.
Peter Deilmann, German tour operator who chartered the
doomed Concorde, addressed a packed church in the small
coastal town where his luxury cruise business is based.
The 64-year-old shipowner had booked 99 passengers, nearly
all Germans, on a 1,500 US dollar-a-head specially chartered
Concorde flight to launch their 15-day Caribbean cruise in
All 109 people on the Air France Concorde and four on the
ground were killed when the New York-bound flight crashed
after take-off from Paris.
Of the 100 passengers, 96 were Germans flying off to new
York to embark for the luxury cruise. The Air France passenger
list also named two Danes, an American and an Austrian among
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:11th August 2000 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None