- Title: USA: Post Grammy parties celebrate the music industry's biggest night
- Date: 10th February 2009
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FEBRUARY 08, 2009) (REUTERS) (*** BEWARE FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY ***) KANYE WEST ON THE AFTER PARTY ARRIVAL LINE WITH ANTONIO L.A. REID, (SOUNDBITE) (English) KANYE WEST ON HIS PERFORMANCE AT THE GRAMMY AWARDS, SAYING: "I felt monumental. I just can't believe that there was an idea to put all the best rappers on the track and for us to perform at the Grammys was overwhelming." (REPORTER: "THAT WAS YOUR IDEA TO PUT IN IN BLACK AND WHITE?" "No that was all the Grammy's idea." (SOUNDBITE) (English) ANTONIO L.A. REID, ON THE AFTER PARTY, SAYING: "We have amazing artist and we are very fortunate. They deserve a celebration because they are very successful and really talented and good people." KANYE WEST WALKING DOWN THE ARRIVAL LINE CHRISTINA MILIAN ON THE ARRIVAL LINE, (SOUNDBITE) (English) , SAYING "My inspiration tonight was music and fashion. Put them together and I think that is the main theme in music right now. People like Kanye West have a lot to do with it and couture fashion and just being unique. I think means a lot. I thought the ruffles were very festive and very Latina." (*** FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY ***) MIKA ON THE ARRIVAL LINE (SOUNDBITE) (English) MIKA ON GETTING AN INVITATION TO ATTEND THE AFTER PARTY, SAYING: "I'm working on a second album and I am finishing it in the studio right now. I just popped down because I was invited." KENNY "BABY FACE" EDMONDS ASHANTI ON THE ARRIVAL LINE ESTELLE ON THE ARRIVAL LINE ESTONIAN SINGER KERLI OF THE ARRIVAL LINE KEYSHIA COLES ON THE ARRIVAL LINE LIONEL RICHIE ON THE ARRIVAL LINE (SOUNDBITE) (English) LIONEL RICHIE ON THE LIL WAYNE, SAYING: "Let me just this too you. Lil Wayne, if he sings on one more record then I can swear that he is the industry. Because he is on every record, but he has got it down." ARRIVAL LINE OF PARTY
- Reuters ID: LVA4W34WQX3LZ37TJVMN42COCPF0
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Duration: 00:02:31
- Topics: Entertainment
- Story Text: Following the Grammys, the music industry's biggest names were set to party the night away in Los Angeles. A multitude of after-party celebrations played on throughout Los Angeles, including Island Def Jam records exclusive soiree hosted by three time Grammy winner and record mogul, Antonio "L.A." Reid.
"We have amazing artist and we are very fortunate," explained Reid. "They deserve a celebration because they are very successful and really talented and good people."
Def Jam label mates Kanye West and Ne-Yo were among the major recording stars who seemed to have a long night ahead of them.
"I felt monumental," said West, of his performance at the awards. "I just can't believe that there was an idea to put all the best rappers on the track and for us to perform at the Grammy's was overwhelming."
Earlier in the evening, former Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant took home five prizes including album of the year for an acclaimed collaboration with bluegrass queen Alison Krauss.
Other winners included the rock band Coldplay, who won three Grammy's and Rapper Lil Wayne won four.
The ceremony also got off to an awkward start as word spread that double nominee Chris Brown canceled a scheduled performance amid reports that he was arrested Sunday evening and charged with making criminal threats in connection with an attack on an unidentified woman, widely thought to be his girlfriend, pop star Rihanna, who also canceled her slot on the Grammy stage.
The Grammy Awards, celebrating 51 years, are considered the music industry's highest honour.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:25th February 2009 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None