USA: WESLEY SNIPES AND DIANE LANE ATTEND THE PREMIERE OF THEIR NEW THRILLER 'MURDER AT 1600'Record ID: 386951
- Title: USA: WESLEY SNIPES AND DIANE LANE ATTEND THE PREMIERE OF THEIR NEW THRILLER 'MURDER AT 1600'
- Date: 14th April 1997
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (APRIL 14, 1997) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) DIANE LANE ARRIVES DIANE LANE (SOUNDBITE ENGLISH) SAYING, I THINK IT'S A VERY TIGHT FILM. IT HAS HUMOUR, A LOT OF SUSPENSE. NOBODY GUESSES WHERE IT'S COMING FROM WHEN WE SOLVE THE MYSTERY AT THE END AND WE'RE AN EXCELLENT TEAM. WESLEY AND I HAVE A GREAT CHEMISTRY AND AS A WOMAN IN A FILM LIKE THIS, IT'S PLEASANT TO BE A REAL HEROINE AND NOT A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS AND NOT ABUSING THE FACT THAT I'M FEMALE AND RUINING THE PLOT IN ANY WAY MORE PHOTOGRAPHERS WESLEY SNIPES ARRIVES WESLEY SNIPES (SOUNDBITE ENGLISH) SAYING BASICALLY, I TRY TO FIND WHO THE KILLER IS, TAKES ME A WHILE, THEY SEND ME THROUGH A BUNCH OF TWISTS AND TURNS PHOTOGRAPHERS FILM WESLEY SNIPES SNIPES HUGS CO-STAR DIANE LANE
- Reuters ID: LVA4SFQCRQESZXF3XT0JQ6CH40FB
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES AND FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Duration: 00:01:18
- Story Text: Wesley Snipes takes on another suspense-thriller role in the new film "Murder at 1600." The film tells the story of a homicide investigation that takes place inside the White House in Washington D.C.
Snipes and his co-stars attended the film's world premiere on April 14 in Los Angeles.
Snipes plays Harlan Regis, a Washington D.C. police detective who thinks he's seen it all. After years on the job in the capital city, he's not fazed by too much anymore.
But when Regis is called in to investigate the murder of a woman at the White House, he discovers there's a lot he hasn't even thought of yet. For example, Secret Service agents who place themselves above the law, documents that have a way of mysteriously disappearing before the police can see them and various high-level government personnel who may be there to help...or may not.
Reluctantly aided by Secret Service Agene Nina Chance, played by Diane Lane, who's been ordered to wrap up the case as quickly and quietly as possible, Regis soon discovers that the situation is far more complex, corrupt and dangerous than he could have imagined.
Soon, he and Chance find themselves alone in a desperate struggle to stop the killer from carrying out a plot that will affect the entire country if it succeeds.
Also in the cast is the star of television's "Murder One" series, Daniel Benzali. He plays Nick Spikings, the hard-nosed head of White house security forces who clashes with Snipes' character.
Alan Alda also has a small role as Alvin Jordan, the National Security Advisor to President Jack Neil, played by veteran character actor Ronny Cox.
Veteran Hollywood producers Arnold Kopelson and Arnon Milchan are behind this latest project, as is director Dwight Little.
Their biggest challenge was re-creating a believable White House set to film on.
Little made many visits to the real White House and did enormous research to make sure their set was authentic down to every detail. He supervised construction of a 30 thousand square foot White house set which was built on soundstages.
In addition, much of the action in the movie takes place in the building's heating system, basement and storage rooms. These, too, had to be designed and constructed.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:29th April 1997 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None