- Title: UNITED KINGDOM: HORROR FILM "SCREAM" PREMIERES IN LONDON
- Date: 24th April 1997
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (APRIL 24, 1997) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) BARRYMORE (SOUNDBITE ENGLISH) SAYING MY CHARACTER, CASEY, IS A VERY SWEET, I WOULDN'T SAY NAIVE BUT SHE HAS A NAIVETY THAT BREEDS A VULNERABILITY THAT IS PERFECT FOR SCARRY MOVIES. SHE'S REALLY SWEET AND TRUSTING AND THAT'S A REALLY LETHAL COMBINATION FOR SOMEONE THAT'S AFTER YOU. ALTHOUGH I'D LOVE TO PLAY ANOTHER CHARACTER THAT WAS REALLY TOUGH AND COULD HANDLE HERSELF. THIS WOMAN IS TRYING TO DO THE BEST SHE CAN AND IT WAS FUN TO PLAY THAT SHAKY RATHER THAN "I CAN HANDLE THIS" (GESTICULATES). IF IT CAME DOWN TO IT, I KNOW I'D FIGHT FOR MY LIFE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD. THERE ISN'T A DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT MY HEART MIGHT GIVE OUT BEFORE I COULD FIGHT
- Reuters ID: LVA94KZYJ4LRPVGENBRYMB451IRA
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Duration: 00:00:48
- Story Text: Courtney Cox and Drew Barrymore, stars of Wes Craven's latest horror flick, "Scream", attended its European premiere in London last week.
The action is set around the small suburban town of Woodsboro which is being plagued by a killer.
The sociopath has pegged high school students as his prime target, starting with Cassey (Barrymore) and her boyfriend (Kevin Patrick Walls).
His next target is Sidney (Neve Campbell) and he seems to know her every move - lurking in the shadows, stalking her every chance he gets and leaving a trail of bodies along the way.
"Friends" cast member Cox plays journalist Gale Weathers, who reported on Sidney's mother's murder the year before. Now she's investigating the serial killer.
"Scream" is directed by the master of suspense, Wes Craven, notorious for the "Nightmare on Elm Street" series.
And he's already planning a sequel to which Cox has signed.
"We have started work on it already and we begin filming in June. It'll be out at Christmas. Any cast that survive will be in it, that includes Courtney," Craven said.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:9th May 1997 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None