- Title: FRANCE:FOURTH ANNUAL AWARDS FOR THE BEST MOVIE POSTER ARE HELD IN PARIS
- Date: 17th November 1997
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (NOVEMBER 17, 1997) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) EXTERIOR SHOT OF THE MARIGNY THEATRE ENTRANCE THEATRE HALL AND GUESTS POSTER FOR THE 4TH CEREMONY MOVIE POSTER COMPETITION (SOUNDBITE FRENCH) INTERVIEW OF FRENCH MOVIEMAKER ALAIN CORNAUD SAYING, "A POSTER IS ALWAYS SOMETHING RATHER MOVING FOR A MOVIEMAKER. BEFORE ITS (THE MOVIE) RELEASE, IT'S THE ONLY EXTERNAL CONTACT WITH A POTENTIAL AUDIENCE. IT (THE POSTER) MUST PRESENT THE MOVIE, WHILE ATTRACTING PEOPLE AND WITHOUT LYING. I THINK IT REPRESENTS A KIND OF GATE A POTENTIAL GATE TO THE FILM."
- Reuters ID: LVA57ZWB78NSE8Z0A70SAJCJWICN
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Duration: 00:00:47
- Topics: Entertainment
- Story Text: Movie posters were the subjects of stern scrutiny on Monday (November 17) night as the French movie industry awarded prizes to the best on offer this year.
The 4th annual awards ceremony, held in the Marigny Theatre in Paris, gave its highest honour to the poster for "Capitaine Conan", a film by French moviemaker Bertrand Tavernier.
During the ceremony a special tribute was paid to French actress Annie Girardot.
"Larry Flint", made by director Milos Horman, was granted a "Special Mention" and also received the "Drama" award.
The prize giving jury was chaired by Alain Corneau, the French director of "Tous les Matins du Monde" (All the Mornings of the World).
Corneau, whose next film - "Le Cousin" (The Cousin) will soon be released in France - described posters as "the only external contact with a potential audience".
"I think it represents a kind of gate, a potential gate to the film", he said.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:2nd December 1997 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None