USA: DAVID SCHWIMMER ATTEMPTS TO BRANCH OUT INTO FEATURE FILMS IN THE NEW COMEDY "KISSING A FOOL"Record ID: 387509
- Title: USA: DAVID SCHWIMMER ATTEMPTS TO BRANCH OUT INTO FEATURE FILMS IN THE NEW COMEDY "KISSING A FOOL"
- Date: 19th February 1998
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FEBRUARY 19) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) ( * BEWARE FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **_) EXTERIOR OF PREMIERE THEATRE FILM POSTER "FRIENDS" CO-STAR LISA KUDROW ARRIVING JASON LEE ARRIVING AND POSING DAVID SCHWIMMER ARRIVING AND POSING MILI AVITAL ARRIVING MINNIE DRIVER ARRIVING (SOUNDBITE ENGLISH) DAVID SCHWIMMER SAYING, "ABOUT HOW HE DESCRIBES LOVE, I GUESS IT MEANS FRIENDSHIP AT ITS TRUEST LEVEL I WOULD HOPE, UM AND ALSO, I GUESS WHEN YOU STOP, I DON'T KNOW, WHEN YOU STOP THINKING TOO MUCH AND SUDDENLY SOMETHING TAKES OVER AND YOU'RE NOT LIKE, THINKING TOO MUCH OR ANALYZING THE RELATIONSHIP OR WHATEVER, IT'S JUST LIKE, WOW, THIS JUST FEELS RIGHT, YOU AND I, RIGHT HERE, THIS MOMENT, IT'S JUST..." "FRIENDS" CO-STARS MATTHEW PERRY AND JENNIFER ANNISTON ARRIVING
- Reuters ID: LVAAEVFRKUQ2HZ2FML9WPVBQ1AF4
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES AND FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Duration: 00:01:21
- Story Text: Capitalising on his success in the hit television series "Friends," David Schwimmer continues his attempt to branch out into feature films in the new comedy "Kissing A Fool." Schwimmer attended the film's premiere in Los Angeles on February 19 along with co-stars Mili Avital and Jason Lee.
The actor plays notorious womanizer Max Abbitt, Chicago's most popular television sportscaster.His lifestyle consists of sports, beautiful women and hanging out with his best friend Jay, played by "Chasing Amy" co-star Jason Lee.
But all of this is thrown into turmoil when he meets literary editor Samantha, played by Mili Avital, who's working on Jay's new book about the breakup of his former relationship.
Less than 24 hours after Jay introduces the two, Max and Sam are making plans to get married, much to the shock of most of the women in Chicago.
But it's not quite that simple.Max starts to get cold feet when he realizes that marriage is forever.He starts to question whether Sam can be faithfull to him for the rest of their lives.Max then devises a test of her loyalty by convincing Jay to tempt Sam into cheating on him.The plan backfires when Jay and Sam actually start falling in love.
"Kissing a Fool" is directed by newcomer Doug Ellin, who previously directed Schwimmer in two short films.It co-stars "Jerry Maguire's" Bonnie Hunt as the film's narrator.
This is Schwimmer's second feature film since his success in "Friends." The first was "The Pallbearer," co-starring Gwyneth Paltrow, which failed to make much of an impact at the American box office.Since then, Schwimmer has also directed a couple of plays and is at work directing an upcoming film.
Mili Avital is one of the most popular stars in her native Israel.In 1991, she won the Israeli Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film "Over the Ocean" and more recently received another nomination for Best Actress in the film "Groupie." This is her third American feature.She previously starred opposite James Spader and Kurt Russell in "Stargate" and with Johnny Depp in Jim Jarmusch's period drama "Dead Man." Jason lee's breakthrough film was Kevin Smith's romantic comedy "Chasing Amy." He also had a role in Smith's earlier comedy "Mallrats" with Shannon Doherty.He will next be seen in Tony Scott's upcoming thriller "Enemy of the State" with Will Smith.
"Kissing a Fool" opens throughout the United States on February 27.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:6th March 1998 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None