- Title: JAPAN: Nissan unveils its futuristic three-seat concept car "Pivo 2"
- Date: 8th October 2007
- Summary: STEERING WHEEL ROBOTIC AGENT TELLING DRIVER ROAD INFORMATION
- Embargoed: 23rd October 2007 13:00
- Location: Japan
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Science / Technology,Transport
- Reuters ID: LVA1NCYLRVMV3W7ES8CVX77RT9ME
- Story Text: Nissan unveils its futuristic three-seat concept car "Pivo 2" for drivers who are not good at reversing or parking.
The Nissan motor unveiled a new futuristic driver-friendly car on Friday (October 5) ahead of making its official debut at the Tokyo motor show in late October.
The battery-powered concept car "Pivo 2" can turn its cabin 360 degrees, making driving a while lot easier, and reversing not a problem to any drivers.
Furthermore, the Pivo 2 can turn its wheels 90 degrees, allowing the car to manoeuvre sideways and making it easy to parallel park easily without looking back.
This car is mainly aimed at women, especially those who seldom drive as driving skills like parallel parking hindered them to drive, even though they like driving.
"With this easy-to-handle car, you can feel comfortable while driving. You can go everywhere without worrying about your driving skills," said Masahiko Tabe, Senior Manager of advanced vehicle development group at Nissan motors.
Pivo 2 is also equipped with a robotic agent which can conduct a daily conversation in English and Japanese with the driver.
The robotic agent is programmed not only to give road information to but also to cheer up or soothe the driver's mood when it monitors the driver's facial expression using its censors, and sensed that he or she is not in a good mood.
The price tag has not been set yet. For now, potential buyers can view the Pivo 2 at the Nissan Ginza Gallery in Tokyo before it will be moved for the motor show.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None