- Title: PERU: FIRE-DAMAGED THEATRE STAGES FUNDRAISING CONCERT.
- Date: 13th March 1999
- Summary: LIMA, PERU (FILE) (REUTERS --ACCESS ALL) 1. GV/SV: FILE FOOTAGE OF BURNT TEATRO MUNICIPAL (2 SHOTS0 0.14 LIMA, PERU (MARCH 10, 1999) (REUTERS --ACCESS ALL) 2. SV: FACADE OF REFURBISHED TEATRO MUNICIPAL 0.19 3. SV: PEOPLE ARRIVING TO THEATRE BEFORE THE SHOW STARTS 0.29 4. GV/PAN: FIRE DAMAGE, BURNT COLUMNS AND PEOPLE (2 SHOTS) 0.38 5. VARIOUS: SHOW (6 SHOTS) 2.12 6. CU: (SOUNDBITE) (SPANISH) ACTOR ALBERTO ISOLA SAYS: "This theater has always been part of my life and being here now is something marvellous. 2.20 7. GV: PEOPLE COMING OUT OF TEATRO MUNICIPAL AFTER SHOW (2 SHOTS) 2.30 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVAXY7MFXK0EFV6EBZPEOC3UHVC
- Location: LIMA, PERU
- Country: Peru
- Duration: 00:02:31
- Story Text: Supporters of Peru's Municipal Theatre, which was
doomed by fire last year, attended a concert aimed at raising
funds for its restoration.
Music filled the darkened walls of Lima's Municipal
Theatre on Wednesday (March 10) during a concert aimed at
raising funds to reconstruct the historic structure that was
engulfed by flames and nearly destroyed last August.
The "Key of Faith" concert was the first recital held in
the charred remains of the building after it fell victim to
fire on August 02, 1998.The theatre is one of the capital's
most noted landmarks that was built in the early 1900s and is
considered one of Peru's most important venues for performers.
Peru's National Symphony Orchestra took its proper place
in the pit, and the mezzanine and the ground floor seating
area were illuminated while the darkened balconies loomed over
head bearing the painful scars of an inferno that sought to
destroy the heart of one of Peru's performance centres.Parts
of the structure remained closed off to the public because of
the damage caused by the fire.
Last August's blaze destroyed the structure in just two
hours and was caused by a short circuit in the sound and
lighting system.Although there were numerous workers in the
building, no injuries were caused by the inferno.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:28th March 1999 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None