RUSSIA: MICHAEL JACKSON TREATED AS GUEST OF HONOUR BY THE RUSSIAN MILITARY DURING MOSCOW VISIT
- Title: RUSSIA: MICHAEL JACKSON TREATED AS GUEST OF HONOUR BY THE RUSSIAN MILITARY DURING MOSCOW VISIT
- Date: 18th September 1996
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (SEPTEMBER 18, 1996) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. LV POKLONNAYA GORA WAR MEMORIAL, MILITARY BAND PLAYING (5 SHOTS) 0.40 2. LV POP STAR MICHAEL JACKSON'S MOTORCADE ARRIVING 0.48 3. MV CAMERAMAN 0.50 4. MV JACKSON APPROACHING MILITARY BAND 1.17 5. MV JACKSON PUTTING ON A MILITARY UNIFORM 1.32 6. MV JACKSON MARCHING WITH THE MILITARY 2.00 7. MV JACKSON POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPH WITH TROOPS (2 SHOTS) 2.20 8. LV JACKSON LEAVES, MOTORCADE LEAVING (2 SHOTS) 2.31 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVAA9C13BP0LQN0408OYOV3OAZOB
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Duration: 00:02:29
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None
- Story Text: - INTRO: Michael Jackson, determined to reinstate his dented image in the wake of allegations of child molestation, was out on Moscow streets on Wednesday being treated as a guest of honour by the Russian military.
Pop superstar Michael Jackson took his performance skills to the streets of Moscow on Wednesday (September 18), in a joint performance with a Russian military band.
The United States singer, treated as a guest of honour in the Russian capital, was welcomed at the Russian war memorial park, Poklonnaya Gora, by a uniformed military band.
Jackson listened to the band perform military and folk tunes before putting on a uniform and marching with them on the memorial grounds.
The pop star performed to an audience of about 40,000 on Tuesday night as part of his HIStory tour, and has been mobbed by teenage fans since his arrival in Russia on Sunday.
The 38-year-old star is visiting Eastern Europe and Russia on his first tour in three years.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:3rd October 1996 13:00