- Title: ITALY: VIP's gather to watch Dolce & Gabbana womenswear
- Date: 26th February 2008
- Summary: MILAN, ITALY (FEBRUARY 21, 2008) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF DOLCE & GABBANA FASHION SHOW AMERICAN ACTRESS LINDSAY LOHAN ARRIVING AT THE SHOW V.I.P. AREA AT DOLCE & GABBANA FASHION SHOW AMERICAN SINGER SHERYL CROW WALKING FRENCH ACTRESS FANNY ARDANT TALKING WITH JOURNALISTS SHERYL CROW POSES FOR THE PHOTOGRAPHERS LINDSAY LOHAN AND SINGER, FERGIE OF BLACK EYED PEAS ITALIAN ACTRESS MONICA BELLUCCI ARRIVING AT VIP AREA FERGIE OF BLACK EYED PEAS POSES FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS LINDSAY LOHAN ARRIVING AT FASHION SHOW
- Embargoed: 12th March 2008 12:00
- Location: Italy
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA4FWCHSTY4S4F25Z80W4PR8BCN
- Story Text: Singers and actresses attend the Dolce & Gabbana womenswear fashion show. American actress Lindsay Lohan, fresh from appearing naked in Bert Stern 'Marilyn Monroe-style photographs this week, arrived fully clothed in Milan on Thursday (February 21) for Italian designers Dolce and Gabbana womenswear fashion show.
Lohan was one of a handful of celebrities that attended the event.
Singer Sheryl Crow and Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas were also there, along with Italian actress Monica Bellucci and French actress Fanny Ardant.
Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana used tartan and tweed for demure, mid-calf skirts in their winter 2008-09 womenswear collection but gave them a twist with poodle-fur look jackets or sparkling high heels.
Silk patterned scarves, which also featured in their D&G collection, were tied around the neck and flat caps came in black or maroon.
Dolce & Gabbana even used country corduroy for skirts and trousers, but made sure the conservative look came with high-heeled lace up shoes or a seventies-style striped skinny jumper.
Shiny leather bags in cherry reds or chestnut browns sported lots of pockets.
And for a finale, models wore billowing net skirts with swathes of tweed, or silk or knitted wool wrapped over them.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None