- Title: EL SALVADOR: POLICE ARREST ARMED ROBBERS AFTER BANK ROBBERY
- Date: 3rd October 1995
- Summary: SAN SALVADOR, EL SALAVADOR (OCTOBER 3, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. SLV NATIONAL CIVIL POLICE (PNC) OFFICER TALKING INTO RADIO 0.05 2. SV/LV ARMED POLICE RUNNING (2 SHOTS) 0.10 3. SLV POLICE FIRING WEAPONS 0.13 4. LV POLICE CLIMBING FENCE 0.17 5. SV POLICE DIRECTING MEDIA (2 SHOTS) 0.24 6. SV POLICE SPECIAL TEAM IN MASKS (3 SHOTS) 0.33 7. SV/LV HOSTAGES BEING HELPED (5 SHOTS) 0.48 8. SV WOMAN CRYING 0.50 9. LV HELICOPTER 0.55 10.SLV POLICE LOOKING AROUND CORNER 0.58 11.LV ROBBERS BEING ESCORTED OUT OF BUILDING INTO A POLICE CAR 1.18 12.LV SPECIAL POLICE RUNNING INTO BANK 1.27 13.SLV POLICE AND ROBBERY SUSPECTS OUTSIDE BANK 1.32 14.LV POLICE CAR CARRYING ROBBERY SUSPECTS SPEEDS AWAY 1.40 15.GV HELICOPTER OVER SCENE 1.47 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 18th October 1995 13:00
- Location: SAN SALVADOR, EL SALVADOR
- Country: El Salvador LATIN AMERICA
- Reuters ID: LVA2L4XWZOVO6EUJAC38H4IHANYK
- Story Text: One police officer was injured and various bank employees were taken hostage on Tuesday (October 3, 1995) during an attempted robbery in San Salvador.
Dozens of National Civil Police (PNC) officers surrounded a bank building and barricaded the bank's entrances in an effort to stop the armed burglars from escaping.
Police Assistant Director Rolando Garcia said several hostages had been injured by their captors.
PNC Director Rodrigo Avila maintained constant communication with the robbers via cellular phone, asking them to turn themselves in.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None