- Title: ITALY: DOLCE & GABBANA LAUNCH THEIR VINTAGE LABEL ON THE MILAN CATWALK
- Date: 29th September 2002
- Summary: (U7) MILAN, ITALY (SEPTEMBER 29, 2002) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 1. VARIOUS BACKSTAGE AT THE DOLCE AND GABBANA SHOW (7 SHOTS) 0.24 2. (SOUNDBITE)(Italian) DESIGNERS DOMENICO DOLCE AND STEFANO GABBANA SAYING: "We decided to send our clothes from 1985-87 back down the catwalk but this time with a Dolce & Gabbana Vintage label inside to make the point that we are who we were but were still moving forward." 0.54 3. VARIOUS: BACKSTAGE AT THE SHOW, MODELS (4 SHOTS) 1.06 4. SV: (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) DESIGNER DOMENICO DOLCE SAYING: "We go out on to the streets and read what's happening. Schizophrenia rules out there." 1.25 5. HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DOLCE AND GABBANA SHOW INCLUDING GISELE BUNCHEN (3 SHOTS) 1.42 6. NAOMI CAMPBELL MODELLING CLOTHES (2 SHOTS) 1.50 7. P. DIDDY (PUFF DADDY) SEATED IN THE AUDIENCE WATCHING THE SHOW 2.00 8. VARIOUS: MORE HIGHTLIGHTS OF SHOW INCLUDING CAMPBELL (10 SHOTS) 3.09 9. END OF SHOW PARADE, DOLCE AND GABBANA (2 SHOTS) 3.31 10. VARIOUS: HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE GIANFRANCO FERRE SHOW (22 SHOTS) 5.17 11. DESIGNER GIANFRANCO FERRE COMING OUT ONTO THE CATWALK AT THE END OF THE SHOW 5.27 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 14th October 2002 13:00
- Location: MILAN, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Reuters ID: LVA53JQW6UDBUZWKJW8Q0G200ZML
- Story Text: Dolce & Gabbana have launched their vintage label on
the Milan catwalk, revisiting some of the the corsetry and
lace bodices that turned the Italian pair into trend setters,
while Gianfranco Ferre went sexy-sleek for spring.
As rap mogul P. Diddy and his entourage took their
seats at the Dolce and Gabbana show on Sunday (September 29),
Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bunchen strode out in a black
dress tied tight with corset lacing down the sides.
Top model and friend of the design duo Naomi Campbell soon
followed, wearing a black body that clung halfway up the ribs
before giving way into a puffed out white shirt, worn over
black boots studded with silver eyelets.
We decided to send our clothes from 1985-87 back down the
catwalk but this time with a Dolce & Gabbana Vintage label
inside to make the point that we are who we were but were
still moving forward, Stefano Gabbana told Reuters after the
Dolce & Gabbana started a fashion consulting studio 20
years ago, put their first catwalk collection together in 1985
and have lead the fashion pack ever since.
Once they'd done the vintage tour in Sunday's
spring/summer 2003 show, the pair shot off on a futuristic
space odyssey with silver bomber jackets, tight trousers and a
miniskirt criss-crossed with black zips that opened onto bare
What Gabbana called his sexy warrior pounded around the
catwalk in jackets made of alternating swathes of soft fur and
chainmail or sporty grey T-shirt vests with fine metal-knit
camisoles swinging over them.
We go out on to the streets and read what's happening.
Schizophrenia rules out there, said Domenico Dolce.
The mix-and-match concept also dictated Dolce & Gabbana's
shapes with narrow trousers under oversized suit jackets and
skinny legs emerging from huge diagonally ruched toga dresses.
Otherwise there were indigo jeans with poppers up the legs
that acted as the base for wide panels of shirting wrapped
around the body and buttoned up in any which way but normal, a
collar meeting at the side of the neck or around the waist.
Dolce & Gabbana to play it safe were unfounded and the
pair said it was only good business to push forward stronger
Creativity helps us live better. To succeed and sell, you
have to offer the public something they don't already have,
whet their appetite, Gabbana said. We have to keep dreaming.
Gianfranco Ferre went sexy sleek for spring, showing a
gentle but structured selection of black and white trouser
suits printed with flowers, dots, checks or a mixture of all
three in fine linen.
For a more colourful summer look, Ferre printed autumn
leaf naturals on chiffon dresses that swung neatly around the
body or bright red satin that floated straight across the
chest and was connected by a cross of elastic at the back.
But for the stars of the show to have an outing, the world
economy is going to have to pick up enough for people to start
throwing super-elegant parties again.
The last third of the show was dedicated to evening wear
with flowing satin dresses tied around the neck or shoulder
almost casually and short silk kimonos dripping off models
arms as they swept past.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None