- Title: ITALY: Party meetings in Rome following election.
- Date: 20th June 1975
- Summary: 1. Exterior Executive Committee Headquarters Christian Democrats in Rome suburb of Eur. 2. Window of room where meeting being held 3. Prime Minister Aldo Moro leaves for lunch Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 5th July 1975 13:00
- Location: Communist and C.D. headquarters Rome
- Country: Italy
- Reuters ID: LVACTW4KQW7UMVLY1D1LC7U4C3B1
- Story Text: Exterior Italian Communist Party Headquarters Members of Central Committee returning after lunch, includes Party Secretary Berlinguer, PAIETTA, MRS. JOTTI AT DEMOCRATS:
???A. FANFANI LEAVES, (MARIANO RUMOREM.) AND P.M. ALDO MORO LEAVES THE MEETING SECOND TIME.
Following massive communist gains in regional and provincial elections earlier this week in Rome the two major parties the Christian Democrats and the Communists held meetings today (Thursday) to consider their positions. The Christian Democrats met amidst demands from their left wing led by Donat-Cattin for the resignation of party secretary Amintore Fanfani. The Communists were expected to play a waiting game and let the CD practise a little blood-letting before making any positive move.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None