- Title: FRANCE: THIERRY MUGLER'S AUTUMN WINTER COLLECTION
- Date: 23rd July 1998
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JULY 21, 1998) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. SLV MODEL IN WHITE TROUSER SUIT, MODEL IN LONG COAT 0.20 2. SV CALUDIA SHIFFER ON RUNWAY 0.26 3. LV MODEL IN TALL HAT 0.30 4. SV MODEL IN BLACK HAT AND TASSLES 0.37 5. SV MODEL IN TWEED COAT AND DRESS 0.42 6. SLV PULL IN SV MODEL IN LONG COAT 1.08 7. SV MODEL IN EVENING DRESS 1.19 8. SLV/SV MODEL IN GLITTERING JACKET (2 SHOTS) 1.38 9. LV/SV OF LONG EVENING DRESSES (9 SHOTS) 2.57 10. SLV CYD CHARISSE ON STAGE AND FINALE WITH ALL MODELS 3.23 11. SV DESIGNER THIERRY MUGLER ON CATWALK WITH CYD CHARISSE AND MODELS AT FINALE (2 SHOTS) 3.52 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 7th August 1998 13:00
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVA8ION1L01BAIYMD5WIXM4D60IZ
- Story Text: Thierry Mugler has closed the 1998-1999 Autumn Winter collections with a very feminine and super sophisticated collection.
French designer Thierry Mugler's approach to next winter came in glamourous dresses, suits and coats.He has abandonned the nightmarish parade of last year for an ultra- feminine collection reminiscent of the "Annees Folles" and 1940s elegance, especially of Rita Hayworth in Gilda.
Mugler presented dresses and jackets clinging to the body with very tight waists.Also, "capitonne" paletots, deconstructed jackets, bustier dresses, breasted jackets, "combinaison" suits, Monkey hair dresses and coats, ultra- decollete sheaths, corset dresses offered a very glamorous show.
The fabrics were very elaborate: innovative embroidered mousseline looking like thin tweed (made especially for Mugler), glimmering jet sequins, leather looking like satin, fake monkey fur with long hair, dyed fur, transparent fabrics and feathers.
Colours ranged from black to beige and white.Splashes of colours appeared on a jacket.Clear colours were white, yellow and red.
Accessories were large glittering necklaces and belts, high heeled boots, embroidered stockings and pearled hats.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None