VENEZUELA: ELECTION CANDIDATE PEDRO MOSQUEDA BUNGEE JUMPS FROM HELECOPTER AND USES ORANG-UTAN IN TV ADVERTISEMENT CAMPAIGNRecord ID: 639571
- Title: VENEZUELA: ELECTION CANDIDATE PEDRO MOSQUEDA BUNGEE JUMPS FROM HELECOPTER AND USES ORANG-UTAN IN TV ADVERTISEMENT CAMPAIGN
- Date: 26th November 1995
- Summary: MARACAY, VENEZUELA (NOVEMBER 26, 1995) (REUTERS TV - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV//SV HELICOPTER ON GROUND WITH PEDRO MOSQUEDA, LEADER OF THE INDEPENDENT POLITICAL MOVEMENT 'JUSTICE PATROL' ON BOARD/ CROWDS WATCH (3 SHOTS) 0.18 2. LAS, GV MOSQUEDA JUMPING FROM HELICOPTER ON BUNGEE/ WAVING AS HE IS HELPED TO GROUND (3 SHOTS) 0.55 3. GV/SLV OF CROWDS CHEERING/ MOSQUEDA ON SHOULDERS OF CHEERING CROWD, FLAGS (2 SHOTS) 1.01 4. SV MOSQUEDA SAYS HE IS JUMPING TO SHOW VOTERS THAT HE IS BRAVE (SPANISH) 1.29 5. SV MOSQUEDA'S CAMPAIGN TELEVISION COMMERCIAL, ORANG UTAN/ POSTER (2 SHOTS) 1.51 6. GV/ZOOM MOSQUEDA ADDRESSING CAMPAIGN RALLY/ CROWDS, CHILDREN (3 SHOTS) 2.12 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVAA20TV2H9JWJRJ8HG2C9I7X6I
- Location: MARACAY, VENEZUELA
- Country: Venezuela LATIN AMERICA
- Duration: 00:02:12
- Story Text: A flamboyant Venezuelan politician ended his election campaign on Sunday (November 26) by bungee-jumping out of a speeding helicopter.
Forty-year old Pedro Mosqueda, standing for mayor in Maracay, a city 50 miles (80km) west of Caracas, said the stunt would show he had what it takes to do the job.
He also wanted to see a good turn out at the polls.
The former textile worker dropped more than 131 feet (40 metres) from a helicopter flying at about 60 miles per hour (100 kph).
Mosqueda, who heads an independent political movement called the "Justice Patrol", claimed he was the first politician in the world to bungee-jump from a helicopter.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:11th December 1995 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None