Title:VENEZUELA: ELECTION CANDIDATE PEDRO MOSQUEDA BUNGEE JUMPS FROM HELECOPTER AND USES ORANG-UTAN IN TV ADVERTISEMENT CAMPAIGN
Date:26th November 1995
MARACAY, VENEZUELA (NOVEMBER 26, 1995)
(REUTERS TV - ACCESS ALL)
1. GV//SV HELICOPTER ON GROUND WITH PEDRO MOSQUEDA, LEADER OF THE
INDEPENDENT POLITICAL MOVEMENT 'JUSTICE PATROL' ON BOARD/
CROWDS WATCH (3 SHOTS) 0.18
2. LAS, GV MOSQUEDA JUMPING FROM HELICOPTER ON
BUNGEE/ WAVING AS HE IS HELPED TO GROUND (3 SHOTS) 0.55
3. GV/SLV OF CROWDS CHEERING/ MOSQUEDA ON SHOULDERS OF
CHEERING CROWD, FLAGS (2 SHOTS) 1.01
4. SV MOSQUEDA SAYS HE IS JUMPING TO SHOW VOTERS THAT HE IS
BRAVE (SPANISH) 1.29
5. SV MOSQUEDA'S CAMPAIGN TELEVISION COMMERCIAL, ORANG UTAN/
POSTER (2 SHOTS) 1.51
6. GV/ZOOM MOSQUEDA ADDRESSING CAMPAIGN RALLY/ CROWDS,
CHILDREN (3 SHOTS) 2.12
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
Country:Venezuela LATIN AMERICA
Story Text: A flamboyant Venezuelan politician ended his election campaign on Sunday (November 26) by bungee-jumping out of a speeding helicopter.
Forty-year old Pedro Mosqueda, standing for mayor in Maracay, a city 50 miles (80km) west of Caracas, said the stunt would show he had what it takes to do the job.
He also wanted to see a good turn out at the polls.
The former textile worker dropped more than 131 feet (40 metres) from a helicopter flying at about 60 miles per hour (100 kph).
Mosqueda, who heads an independent political movement called the "Justice Patrol", claimed he was the first politician in the world to bungee-jump from a helicopter.
Copyright Notice:(c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp