- Title: RUSSIA: THE MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW OPENS
- Date: 23rd August 1995
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (AUGUST 23-24, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) (AUGUST 23, 1995) 1. GV/SLV CROWD/ RUSSIAN DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER OLEG SOSKOVETS AND OFFICIALS CUT TAPE AT SHOW OPENING/ SOSKOVETS AND OFFICIALS LOOKING AT TRUCK EXHIBIT(5 SHOTS)0.34 2. GV/SV INT.EXHIBITION HALL,PEOPLE LOOKING AT CARS(4 SHOTS)0.48 3. SV MERCEDES MODEL/MCU INT. LUXURY MODEL WITH TELEVISION. (5 SHOTS)1.10 4. SLV/SV AUDI STAND WITH NEW POLICE CAR (3 SHOTS)1.26 7. SLV ARMOURED TRUCK 1.31 8. SLC FORMULA ONE CAR/ SPECTATORS (2 SHOTS)1.39 9. SV SALES MANAGER FOR MERCEDES-BENZ IN RUSSIA, GERT MISSLER SPEAKING (ENGLISH) 1.50 (AUGUST 24, 1995) 10. GV VIEWS OF LUXURY CARS ON MOSCOW STREETS (3 SHOTS)2.03 SEQ.9: TRANSCRIPT; MISSLER: "WE THINK THE RUSSIAN MARKET IS A FUTURE MARKET, WE ARE NOT ONLY SELLING OUR CARS HERE BUT OUR TRUCKS AND IT IS A VERY GOOD MARKET FOR BUSES." Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA36Z1U9E8ANIWGKKMW9D9HWMI8
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Duration: 00:02:03
- Story Text: The Moscow International Motor show opened on Wednesday (August 23), with a display of expensive cars, marking Russia's arrival as an important market for luxury motoring.
Sales Manager for Mercedes-Benz in Russia, Gert Missler, said Mercedes had been trading there for 20 years and a year ago opened a full-fledged sales branch in Moscow.
Missler said Mercedes regarded Russia as an important market not only for its prestige cars, but also for trucks and buses.
Other western and Japanese car manufacturers showed their products at the show in Moscow's Expocentre. Particularly popular amongst Russia's new rich are luxury jeeps.
Russian car manufacturer Lada is making its bid for a place in the motor saloon market with a new streamline model called "Caprice", whose design is a far cry from the box-like earlier models. Russian "UAS" (Ulyanovsky Avto-Zavod), formerly a manufacturer of military jeeps, has produced its own civilian jeep, which sells for about 15,000 U.S. dollars.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:7th September 1995 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None