FRANCE: ACT UP ACTIVISTS SPRAY RECEPTION AREA OF ASSURANCES GENERALES DE FRANCE WITH ARTIFICIAL BLOOD
- Title: FRANCE: ACT UP ACTIVISTS SPRAY RECEPTION AREA OF ASSURANCES GENERALES DE FRANCE WITH ARTIFICIAL BLOOD
- Date: 13th October 1995
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (OCTOBER 13, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. LV ACT UP ACTIVISTS RUNNING INTO "ASSURANCES GENERALES DE FRANCE" (AGF) RECEPTION AREA 0.08 2. PAN ACTIVISTS THROWING CONTENTS OF BOTTLES OF ARTIFICIAL BLOOD ACROSS RECEPTION AREA 0.15 3. SV ACTIVISTS CHAINING THEMSELVES TO RAIL INSIDE BUILDING AND CHANTING SLOGANS AGAINST AGF (2 SHOTS) 0.30 4. SV ACTIVISTS IN RECEPTION AREA BLOWING WHISTLES 0.39 5. CU FLYER SAYING THAT AGF DO NOT INSURE AIDS SUFFERERS 0.46 6. SLV ACTIVISTS CHAINED TO RAIL, CHANTING 0.49 7. SV EXTERIOR OF AGF BUILDING, FOUNTAIN WATER TURNED RED-BROWN FROM ARTIFICIAL BLOOD 0.58 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVAAUCS956P4YEE0ZF8GDFTH4BSK
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Duration: 00:01:00
- Story Text: Activists from Act Up, a pressure group for AIDS sufferers, burst into the reception area of one of Paris's biggest insurance companies on Friday (October 13) and sprayed the reception area with artificial blood.
They were protesting that Assurances Generales de France's (AGF) policy forms for students require them to state whether they are HIV positive, pregnant or suffering from other illnesses which disqualify them from insurance cover under AGF rules.
France has the highest number of AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) sufferers in Europe. Some 200,000 people are infected with HIV (Human Immuno-Deficiency Virus) in France.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:28th October 1995 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None