- Title: RUSSIA: MILOSEVIC MEETS DUMA SPEAKER IVAN RYBKIN
- Date: 10th August 1995
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (AUGUST 10, 1995)(RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. SV EXTERIOR OF DUMA BUILDING / SIGN (2 SHOTS) 0.10 2. SV RUSSIAN DUMA SPEAKER IVAN RYBKIN GREETS SERBIAN PRESIDENT SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC / HANDSHAKES 0.21 3. SV CAMERA MAN 0.26 4. SV THE TWO DELEGATIONS, RYBKIN AND MILOSEVIC SEATED FOR TALKS (4 SHOTS) 0.56 5. SV PEOPLE WAITING OUTSIDE TALKS (2 SHOTS) 1.02 6. SV MILOSEVIC SPEAKING ABOUT RUSSIA'S SUPPORT FOR BELGRADE'S POLICY FOR PEACEFUL RESOLUTION AND ABOUT THE SUPPORT OF THE DUMA AND THE RUSSIAN PEOPLE FOR BELGRADE (SERBO-CROAT) 2.04 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA7I0FLDORSS8021P8PN0Q2JQ38
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Duration: 00:02:05
- Story Text: Serbian President Slobodan Milosevic said after meeting with Russian political leaders on Thursday (August 10) he was satisfied Moscow understood and supported Belgrade's policy in pursuing a resolution to the crisis in former Yugoslavia.
Speaking to reporters after talks with Russian Duma speaker Ivan Rybkin, Milosevic said he was "happy to see Russia fully understands the policy for peace which Belgrade is pursuing".
He added he was also happy at the support expressed for Belgrade's line by the Duma and "the Russian people".
In closing remarks at the end of a two hour meeting between Milosevic and Russian President Boris Yeltsin, Milosevic told Yeltsin that Belgrade wanted a peaceful solution of the conflict.
Yeltsin issued a statement shortly afterwards, calling for a lifting of sanctions against Belgrade, an expression of Moscow's belief in what it sees as Belgrade's commitment to finding a political solution to the conflict.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:25th August 1995 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None