- Title: USA: Stars shine on the red carpet for the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards
- Date: 15th February 2011
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FEBRUARY 13, 2011) (REUTERS) WIDE SHOT OF GRAMMY RED CARPET JENNIFER LOPEZ AND MARC ANTHONY ON RED CARPET USHER ON RED CARPET JAMIE FOXX ON RED CARPET VARIOUS OF KATY PERRY ON RED CARPET RUSSELL BRAND POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS RIHANNA ON RED CARPET JANELLE MONAE TALKING TO MEDIA LADY GAGA BEING CARRIED DOWN CARPET IN EGG VARIOUS OF NICOLE KIDMAN AND KEITH URBAN WAVING B.O.B. ON RED CARPET NICKI MINAJ ON CARPET JENNIFER HUDSON ON CARPET DRAKE ON CARPET LIL' WAYNE TALKING TO REPORTER VARIOUS OF MILEY CYRUS ON CARPET MARTINA MCBRIDE TALKING TO REPORTERS (SOUNDBITE) (English) MARTINA MCBRIDE, ON PERFORMING A TRIBUTE TO ARETHA FRANKLIN, SAYING "We just are so .. we were all talking about it and .. you know I get to sing with Yolanda Adams and Jennifer Hudson and Christina Aguilera and Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine. So we were all talking about it backstage and it's like our goal is just to let her feel how much she has inspired us. Knowing that she's watching is a little nerve-wracking but I'm just going to try to forget all that and do the best I can and hopefully it will come across."
- Embargoed: 2nd March 2011 12:00
- Location: Usa, Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA6RFS1R9VT7MLMGUC6LCL8QJQV
- Story Text: Musicians glittered on the red carpet of the 53rd annual Grammy awards. Some of the A-list celebrities in attendance included Jamie Foxx, Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, and Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony.
Katy Perry and new husband Russell Brand walked the carpet and Perry glittered with a white sequined gown with wings.
Rihanna walked quickly by cameras but stopped to tease "Jersey Shore" star The Situation.
British singer Florence Welch, lead singer of Florence and the Machine, up for best new artist, talked about how unreal it felt to be at the Grammys.
"Kind of amazing because I recognize it. You know from like photos, I've never been, but like from photos of people on the red carpet. I recognize the chandeliers, the background. And I'm looking around and I go, 'Oh! I'm here. Physically here.' It's amazing," said Welch.
Many of the stars wore a lot of sparkle, Jennifer Lopez wore a short silver dress covered in jewels. Janelle Monae wore a sequined black tuxedo jacket. Miley Cyrus wore a floor length green-brown with heavy beading.
Nicki Minaj turned heads with an animal print get-up and blonde hair piled high on her hear.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None