- Title: Bayern Munich fans confident they will beat Real Madrid
- Date: 18th April 2017
- Summary: JAR OF WINE COCKTAIL WITH BAYERN MUNICH FAN ON THE BACKGROUND MAN SELLING SCARFS AND HATS VARIOUS OF BAYERN FANS (SOUNDBITE) (German) BAYERN MUNICH SUPPORTER, MIMI, SAYING: "I hope it will be an exciting game and I hope Bayern will succeed in turning it around so that Bayern will walk off the pitch as the winner. That's what I hope." (SOUNDBITE) (German) BAYERN MUNICH SUPPORTER, ANDY, SAYING: "I have a very good feeling. I believe a miracle is possible. We'll beat Real Madrid 3-2." (SOUNDBITE) (German) BAYERN MUNICH SUPPORTER, JAN, SAYING: "We will definitely win 2-0. Ribery and Lahm will score goals."
- Embargoed: 2nd May 2017 17:01
- Keywords: Bayern Munich Champions League fans Madrid Soccer
- Location: MADRID, SPAIN
- City: MADRID, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0036CXFRY7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A sea of red coloured Madrid's Plaza Mayor on Tuesday (April 18) as enthusiastic Bayern Munich fans enjoyed the sunshine in the outdoor cafes ahead of the second leg of the Champions League quarter-final against Real Madrid.
Real Madrid's struggling defence will probably have to keep Bayern Munich's deadly striker Robert Lewandowski at bay in the Bernabeu to reach the Champions League if they want to reach the semi-final, but fans were confident their hero would put an end to the Spaniards' campaign.
Real will be defending a 2-1 lead from the first leg of the quarter-final, which the Polish hitman missed with the shoulder injury that also kept him out of the German side's 0-0 draw at Bayer Leverkusen in the Bundesliga on Saturday.
However, Lewandowski trained on Sunday and is poised to return as Bayern look for goals on Tuesday against a Real side that have kept only one clean sheet in their last 12 games.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None