- Title: FRANCE: BRAZIL'S WORLD CUP SQUAD PAYS A VISIT TO DISNEYLAND
- Date: 12th June 1998
- Summary: MARNE LA VALLEE, FRANCE (JUNE 11, 1998) (REUTERS TV - ACCESS ALL) 1. BRAZILIAN TEAM BUS ARRIVING 2. PLAYERS ARRIVING 3. DENILSON SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS 4. DENILSON KISSING 'TIGGER' 5. DENILSON WALKING WITH WIFE 6. BEBETO AND FAMILY WITH DENILSON 7. PLAYERS ON 'IT'S A SMALL WORLD' RIDE 8. FANS GATHERING AS PLAYERS HAVE LUNCH 9. JUNIOR BAIANO WITH CHILDREN AT SHOOTING GALLERY 10. DENILSON AND FAMILY 11. JUNIOR BAIANO AND SON ON 'CAPTAIN HOOK'S GALLEY' 12. CHILDREN 13. 'BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN' RIDE 14. DENILSON AND WIFE ON RIDE 15. DISNEYLAND 16. JUNIOR BAIANO WATCHING PARADE 17. OTHER PLAYERS WATCHING DISNEY PARADE Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 27th June 1998 13:00
- Location: MARNE LA VALLEE, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVA1NMDCRPHTNQTJN5YOX9YE4SO6
- Story Text: Mickey Mouse and friends found themselves upstaged when Brazil's World Cup squad paid a visit to Disneyland, outside Paris.
The Disney cartoon characters had to take a back seat on Thursday (June 11) as several members of Brazil's World Cup squad monopolised the attention of autograph hunters and tourists.
Fans flocked around stars like Bebeto, Denilson and Junior Baiano as they arrived for lunch at Walt's American restaurant on Main Street.
Replica Ronaldo shirts abounded at the theme park just outside of Paris but the star striker stayed away, perhaps mindful of the commotion his presence would cause.
One of Bebeto's three children was born during the last World Cup, prompting a famous goal celebration when the striker and team mates mimed the motion of rocking a baby.
The boy, Mattheus, was with his parents, brother and sister for an early fourth birthday present.
The trip was a day of relaxation after Brazil's World Cup opening game on Wednesday when they beat Scotland 2-1, an important victory on the way to defending their title.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None