- Title: USA: PHOTOGRAPHERS SEE WRECKAGE OF FLIGHT TWA 800
- Date: 19th November 1997
- Summary: CALVERTON, NEW YORK, U.S. (NOVEMBER 18, 1997) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. SLV PAN RECONSTRUCTED BOEING 747 THAT WAS TWA'S FLIGHT 800 WITH POLICEMAN STANDING BY STEPS / MV/SCU ZOOM OUT WRECKAGE (3 SHOTS) 0.50 2. FBI ASSISTANT DIRECTOR JAMES KALLSTROM SAYING, "ALL OF US FLY IN AIRPLANES LIKE THIS. WE PUT OUR FAMILIES IN PLANES, AND WE GO PLACES. AND SO WE CAN RELATE TO THIS. WE CAN RELATE TO SITTING UP THERE IN ONE OF THOSE SEATS. WE CAN RELATE TO WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF AT 13-THOUSAND FEET THE FRONT OF THE PLANE FALLS OFF. I MEAN WE CAN RELATE THAT WE CAN SEE OUR CHILDREN SITTING UP THERE, AND OUR WIVES SITTING UP THERE. SO THIS IS A VERY, YOU KNOW, HUMAN STorY FOR ALL OF US (ENGLISH) 1.20 3. SCU RECONSTRUCTED PLANE ZOOM OUT TO SHOW PRESS PRESENT / MV FBI OFFICER WATCHING (2 SHOTS) 1.58 4. SLV PLANE PARTS THAT WERE RECOVERED FROM THE ATLANTIC, RECONSTRUCTED AND STORED. 2.32 5. LV EXTERIOR OF HANGAR WHERE PLANE WRECKAGE HAS BEEN IN OCEAN BUT NOT PART OF THE RECONSTRUCTION 2.48 Initials S3 P3 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 4th December 1997 12:00
- Location: CALVERTON, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVACSKQTUN1GA1Z25YYXU8NB4A77
- Story Text: - INTRO: As part of the aftermath of the FBI's concluded inquiry into the crash of TWA Flight 800, the government allowed photographers to see the reconstructed wreckage on Wednesday (November 19) Only a few miles from where the plane burst into flames and fell into the Atlantic Ocean, photographers viewed the reconstructed TWA Flight 800.
The plane, under guard by New York State troopers and FBI agents in a Long Island, New York hangar, was a testament to the firey crash that killed all 230 people on board July 17, 1997.
The head of the FBI's investigation, James Kallstrom, was on hand and spoke to photographers about how the event was something familiar to virtually everybody, "I mean we can relate toseeing our children sitting up there (in the plane) and our wives sitting up there. so, this is a very, you know, human story for all of us." The FBI has determined that there was no evidence of any criminal action leading to the crash, but to date no cause has been pinpointed.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None