- Title: GERMANY: FORMULA ONE MOTOR RACING FANS ARRIVE NUERBURGRING RACING TRACK
- Date: 29th June 2003
- Summary: NUERBURGRING, GERMANY (JUNE 29, 2003) (REUTERS) 1. CROWD OUTSIDE RACE TRACK 2. FANS AT STAND 3. VENDORS AT FERRARI STAND 4. MICHAEL SCHUMACHER MEMORABILIA ON SALE 5. PEOPLE LOOKING AT RACE CAR ON DISPLAY 6. TOYOTA STAND 7. FAN IN FERRARI COSTUME AND COLOURFULLY DECORATED FERRARI HAT WALKING PAST 8. RACE CAR ON DISPLAY 9. CROWD OUTSIDE RACE TRACK 10. RACE TRACK EXTERIOR WITH FLAGS, PULLOUT TO CAMP GROUND 11. FANS WATCHING TV IN CAMP GROUND 12. FANS GATHERED AROUND TABLE 13. SPECTATORS BEHIND FENCE, MAN WITH BINOCULARS 14. 'WELCOME' SIGN UNDERNEATH EMPTY BEER GLASSES 15. HUGE FERRARI FLAG DRAPED OVER TENTS Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 14th July 2003 13:00
- Location: NUERBURGRING, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Reuters ID: LVA6QQ9D7BDR71MAM504LW9KG37N
- Story Text: Tens-of-thousands of Formula One fans descended on the
Nuerburgring and saw local hero Ralf Schumacher win the
European Grand Prix.
Thousands of fans traditionally camp around the
Nuerburgring race track, turning the three-day event into a
Many were Ferrari fans hoping to see Ralf's brother
Michael win, but he could only manage fifth place.
His Brazilian Ferrari teammate, Rubens Barrichello, was
third, with Ralf's Williams teammate, Juan Pablo Montoya,
Five-times champion Michael Schumacher extended his
overall Formula One lead to seven points after McLaren's Kimi
Raikkonen was sidelined by an engine failure while leading.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None