- Title: IRAQ:FOUR IRAQIS INJURED BY MORTARS NEAR "GREEN ZONE"
- Date: 29th June 2004
- Summary: (U7) BAGHDAD, IRAQ (JUNE 29, 2004) (REUTERS) 1. VARIOUS OF AMBULANCES ARRIVING AT HOSPITAL WITH WOUNDED/ INJURED MAN BEING CARRIED OUT OF TRUCK/ AMBULANCES DRIVING AWAY 0.17 2. VARIOUS OF INJURED MAN 0.29 3. WIDE OF DOCTORS BY SIDE OF BED OF WOUNDED 0.35 4. WIDE OF DOCTORS TENDING TO ANOTHER PATIENT/ CLOSE OF OLDER MAN 0.43 5. VARIOUS OF DOCTORS AND MEDICS TENDING TO YOUNG BOY/CLOSE OF BOY WITH INJURED FACE 0.56 6. VARIOUS OF YOUNG BOY BEING WHEELED AWAY ON TROLLEY 1.04 7. SCU (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) DOCTOR VICTOR SALEH SAYING: "We received four cases from the Haifa street explosion. Most of them with chest injuries." 1.11 8. VARIOUS OF PEOPLE AT HOSPITAL 1.20 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 14th July 2004 13:00
- Location: BAGHDAD, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Reuters ID: LVA8MO5MVUV2TSIW56KHDN92XTMD
- Story Text: Mortars near "Green Zone" injures four Iraqi
Insurgents fired mortars near the "Green Zone"
wounding four Iraq civilians on Tuesday (June 29).
The wounded were rushed to hospital in Baghdad.
"We received four cases from the Haifa street
explosion. Most of them with chest injuries," said Victor
Saleh, a doctor at the hospital.
Anti-U.S. guerrillas frequently attack the heavily
fortified "Green Zone" compound with rockets and mortars.
Earlier, three U.S. marines were killed and two were
wounded in eastern Baghdad in a roadside bomb blast that
wrecked a Humvee vehicle escorting a convoy carrying
Violence is among the many challenges facing the new
interim government sworn in on Monday (June 28).
The low-key handover ceremony, brought forward partly
to foil any guerrilla plans for a spectacular attack, took
many by surprise and the day passed in relative calm.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None