- Title: Tokyo 2020 ties up with Rugby World Cup 2019
- Date: 26th April 2017
- Summary: ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS MEDIA NEWS CONFERENCE IN PROGRESS (SOUNDBITE) (Japanese) CEO OF RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019, AKIRA SHIMAZU, SAYING: "I'm very thankful our collaboration was accepted by Tokyo 2020 as well as the Olympic Committee." NEWS CONFERENCE IN PROGRESS (SOUNDBITE) (Japanese) CEO OF TOKYO 2020 ORGANISING COMMITTEE, TOSHIRO MUTO, SAYING: "The Rugby World Cup is in two years and five months, and ours (the Olympics) is in three years and three months. I think this is a good timing to sign the agreement." NEWS CONFERENCE IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 10th May 2017 11:15
- Keywords: Tokyo 2020 Olympics Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Tokyo Tie up
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Olympics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0036E1DG73
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee and the Rugby World Cup 2019 Organising Committee signed an agreement on Wednesday (April 26) to collaborate between both events.
The agreement was signed by Tokyo 2020's CEO Toshiro Muto and Rugby World Cup 2019 CEO Akira Shimizu in downtown Tokyo.
The two organising committees will share information and resources on matters such as transportation, venues, security, volunteering, and anti-doping measures, according to a Tokyo 2020 press release.
John Coates, Vice President of the International Olympic Committee praised the collaboration, commenting on the shared benefits.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None