- Title: Museum of Ice Cream serves up sweet art
- Date: 28th April 2017
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (APRIL 27, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF 'BANANA SPLIT ROOM' FEATURING 10,000 HANGING BANANA REPLICAS VARIOUS OF VISITORS IN 'BANANA SPLIT ROOM' BANANA REPLICAS HANGING FROM CEILING VARIOUS OF VISITORS IN 'POPSICLE ROOM' POPSICLE ART MANISH VORA, MUSEUM OF ICE CREAM CO-FOUNDER (SOUNDBITE) (English) MANISH VORA, MUSEUM OF ICE CREAM CO-FOUNDER SAYING: "It's not a traditional museum experience. You're not just going here and looking at installations. You're of course tasting, and tasting many different things, but we also are all about sharing. It's meant to be a social experience and a lot of people see on Instagram and SnapChat the thousands of images that are up there, but what you experience once you're inside is folks like myself, actors, performers, who are actually guiding you through this experience, who are challenging you on your favorite flavors, who are asking you about your ice cream memories, and also telling you a little bit about a history, but also a little bit about just fun facts to know." WOMAN HANDING OUT COOKIE DOUGH CONES KIDS EATING COOKIE DOUGH CONES VARIOUS OF "BLACK CONE ROOM" BY PERUVIAN ARTIST ABEL BENTIN VARIOUS OF PEOPLE IN THE "SPRINKLE POOL" (SOUNDBITE) (English) HOPE STALTER SAYING: "It's really cool. And it's really fun to just mess around and eat ice cream all day. (REPORTER ASKS "WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT ALL THESE SPRINKLES?") They're really cool. But don't eat them because that's not good." (SOUNDBITE) (English) AVALON STALTER SAYING: "I think it's kind of awesome. I think that as an adult, you can get into a pool and you don't have to get wet and just throw stuff around, it's perfect." VARIOUS OF 'GUMMY BEAR ROOM' BY ARTIST DAVID GUINN MAN SERVING GUMMY BEARS TO GIRL (SOUNDBITE) (English) DAVID MLAJOVEL SAYING: "It's pretty swagtastic. It's pretty nice. I had no idea it existed and it's pretty gnarly to see this sort of pop art style thing revolving around candy, sugar, and ice cream." GIRLS ON SWING PEOPLE SMELLING BANANA SCENTED WALLPAPER (SOUNDBITE) (English) MANISH VORA, MUSEUM OF ICE CREAM CO-FOUNDER SAYING: "In terms of expansion, we of course want to expand the gospel of ice cream all over the country and all over the world so we definitely have plans for new cities. We don't know yet where we are going. And hopefully in 2018 we will definitely hit an international market." VARIOUS OF WOMAN SERVING ICE CREAM VARIOUS OF PEOPLE EATING ICE CREAM VARIOUS OF PEOPLE ENTERING MUSEUM OF ICE CREAM
- Embargoed: 12th May 2017 16:55
- Keywords: museum ice cream Los Angeles sprinkles art dessert California Museum of Ice Cream
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Art,Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0016E6FB6H
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A mouth-watering exhibit in Los Angeles celebrates all things ice cream. Called the 'Museum of Ice Cream,' the collection features interactive installations where visitors are encouraged to taste, sniff, and play.
In the 'Banana Split Room,' 10,000 hanging banana replicas create a colorful jungle, while banana-scented scratch-and-sniff paper lines the walls.
Other exhibits feature enormous popsicles, giant gummy bears, and even a pool filled with 100 million custom made sprinkles.
On the tasting side, visitors can sample select flavors from local California creameries or discover unique treats, like cones of cookie dough.
The exhibit is a social media fan's dream, as pictures and posts are encouraged throughout.
'Museum of Ice Cream' will stay in L.A. through early July, with ticket prices at 29 dollars. Following its stay, the museum's creators hope to take it to other U.S. cities and eventually go international in 2018.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None