- Title: Russian military prepare to deliver aid to east Aleppo district
- Date: 4th December 2016
- Summary: ALEPPO, SYRIA (DECEMBER 4, 2016) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF RUSSIAN AID CONVOY SIGN ON TRUCK WITH SYRIAN AND RUSSIAN FLAG VARIOUS OF CONVOY VARIOUS OF RUSSIAN SOLDIERS RUSSIAN LOGO ON SOLDIER'S UNIFORM UNNAMED RUSSIAN SOLDIER ADDRESSING JOURNALISTS (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) UNNAMED RUSSIAN SOLDIER, SAYING: "This convoy is carrying a big amount of food and other materials that are not available now in the temporary shelters. This is done all the time by the reconciliation centre. Today, the aid will be distributed to our brothers who need it until they return to their normal life." SOLDIER AND JOURNALISTS (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) UNNAMED RUSSIAN SOLDIER, SAYING: "What Russia is doing is the same as it used to do in helping people who are in need during these conditions. This is not the first time that Russia has offered such aid. Russia is ready to offer help for anyone who needs it." VARIOUS OF CONVOY
- Embargoed: 19th December 2016 09:20
- Keywords: Syria Russia Aleppo aid Hanano trucks convoy
- Location: ALEPPO,SYRIA
- City: ALEPPO,SYRIA
- Country: Syria
- Reuters ID: LVA0015BGUIBR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Eleven Russian military vehicles headed for eastern Aleppo on Sunday (December 4) to distribute food and medical aid to civilians in temporary shelters.
The supplies are headed for Hanano neighbourhood, which the Syrian army retook from the rebels who control the eastern part of the city.
Russia, an ally of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, is fighting armed rebels alongside Syrian army and advancing in eastern Aleppo.
Thousands of civilians have fled to the western part of the city as the fighting rages.
On Sunday, Syrian rebel groups told the United States they will not leave Aleppo in response to Moscow's call for talks with Washington over a full withdrawal of rebel fighters from the city's besieged eastern districts, a rebel official said.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None