- Title: Heavenly models hit Paris runway at Victoria's Secret show
- Date: 1st December 2016
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (NOVEMBER 30, 2016) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** SINGER LADY GAGA POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS BELLA AND GIGI HADID'S FATHER, MOHAMED HADID POSING FOR PHOTOS BELLA AND GIGI HADID'S MOTHER, YOLANDA HADID POSING FOR PHOTOS (SOUNDBITE) (English) YOLANDA HADID, SAYING: "You know I have butterflies in my stomach, but I think I'm excited more than nervous. It's like I said before you know last year Gigi got it and Bella didn't get it and I felt awkward being having Bella at home and this year is just so perfect because they're both here, we're celebrating the sisters together, it’s amazing." PINK CARPET FRENCH FASHION DESIGNER OLIVIER ROUSTEING BRITISH ACTOR DOMINIC WEST FORMER VICTORIA'S SECRET MODEL DO UTZEN KROES
- Embargoed: 16th December 2016 03:20
- Keywords: Victoria's Secret fashion show models Paris
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVA0015B1WKEX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Heavenly Victoria's Secret models hit the runway in Paris on Wednesday (November 30), the first time the show was hosted in the French capital.
Bella Hadid, who made her debut on the legendary runway, strutted in lingerie embellished with crystals and iconic angel wings with her sister Gigi and a host of other models including Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Lily Aldridge and Jasemine Tookes.
"You know last year Gigi got it and Bella didn't get it and I felt awkward being having Bella at home and this year is just so perfect because they're both here, we're celebrating the sisters together, it's amazing," Gigi and Bella's mother Yolanda said before the show.
She added that she told the girls to "be themselves" on the runway.
Tookes wore the $3 million Victoria's Secret 2016 Fantasy Bra.
"Oh my god walking in the bra, I was freaking out backstage I almost started crying and I was so scared I was going to walk on the runway and start tearing up but I kept it together, I walked on the runway and found my family standing up in the corner so it was so sweet to be able to wave to them and blow kisses," she said after the show, while posing for photos.
The show, hosted in Paris' Grand Palais, opened among tight security one year after attacks in Paris.
But this didn't appear to phase the Angels.
"Paris is the capital of fashion you know, all the best fashion shows happen here so it makes sense that Victoria's Secret fashion show is here now," Adriana Lima said.
Alessandra Ambrosio, meanwhile, said that it was time to celebrate after a year's hard work in the run-up to the show.
"I mean it was all spectacular, it was very creative, it felt like the ladies were empowered, you know what I mean everything was really strong, I loved what Adiana had on and Alessandra, it was real dope," Nick Cannon said.
Lady Gaga, The Weeknd and Bruno Mars also performed at the show.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None