- Title: Senior Socialist lawmaker named new French interior minister
- Date: 6th December 2016
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - FEBRUARY 17, 2015) (REUTERS) THEN PRESIDENT OF SOCIALIST GROUP AT THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY, BRUNO LE ROUX, TALKING TO MEDIA PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - MAY 3, 2016) (REUTERS) MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT TALKING, LE ROUX ARRIVING
- Embargoed: 21st December 2016 10:57
- Keywords: Le Roux Valls Hollande Cazeneuve interior minister France reshuffle government
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVA0025BQXT8N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Senior Socialist lawmaker Bruno Le Roux will replace Bernard Cazeneuve as France's interior minister, President Francois Hollande's office said on Tuesday (November 6).
Le Roux, who heads the Socialist party in the country's lower house of parliament, will be in charge of overseeing the crucial counterterrorism portfolio in a country shaken by a series of deadly Islamist militant attacks.
There were no other major changes in the cabinet following Prime Minister Manuel Valls' resignation and replacement by Cazeneuve.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None