- Title: Lady Gaga, Karlie Kloss and Gigi Hadid walk red carpet at Fashion Awards
- Date: 6th December 2016
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (DECEMBER 5, 2016) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF RED CARPET AND LIGHTS OUTSIDE ROYAL ALBERT HALL ROYAL ALBERT HALL TO SWAROVSKI CRYSTALS VARIOUS OF MODEL KARLIE KLOSS TAKING SELFIE AND VIDEO ON PHONE VARIOUS OF KLOSS SPEAKING TO REPORTER MODEL GIGI HADID ON RED CARPET HADID ON RED CARPET WITH HER MOTHER, YOLANDA HADID (IN BLUE DRESS) HADID SPEAKING TO EVENT REPRESENTATIVE VARIOUS OF MUSICIAN LADY GAGA WALKING ALONG RED CARPET WITH GUEST VARIOUS OF FASHION DESIGNER JEAN-PAUL GAULTIER SPEAKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) FASHION DESIGNER, JEAN-PAUL GAULTIER, SAYING: "The ones that want to be dressed by me - in reality it's a desire that makes me my desire, you know? If I see somebody that should like to have that I make clothes, it's quite interesting because it can be a very different person. In reality I have not one, you know, they're in or the one which is of the moment, the flavour of the moment, I like to see personality on people. So there are still a lot I'd like to dress." GAULTIER SPEAKING ROYAL ALBERT HALL EXTERIOR TO ROCK SINGER MARILYN MANSON SPEAKING TO MEDIA MANSON SPEAKING (SOUNDBITE) (English) ROCK SINGER, MARILYN MANSON, SAYING: "I hate Christmas. I don't usually celebrate Christmas, but some of my friends celebrate Hanukkah which seems like a more conventional, better holiday because you get more gifts, I think. I've spent every Christmas without a Christmas tree since...since some while. I'm like Charlie Brown's Christmas - the sad tree, the Grinch." REPORTER: And New Years, any plans to celebrate? Are you someone who keeps New Year's resolutions? "I'm bad at that. My resolution is not to make any resolutions, I could keep to that." MANSON PUTTING SUNGLASSES BACK ON AND SPEAKING TO REPORTER ACTOR JADEN SMITH WALKING TO GREET REPORTER SMITH SPEAKING (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR, JADEN SMITH, SAYING: "I'm just looking to experience it because it's my first time, so I just want to see what it's like and just see who's here, different things I can learn from my idols and such, I'm just happy to be here, I'm very honoured." SMITH'S SHOES TO FULL SUIT (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR, JADEN SMITH, SAYING: REPORTER: What's Christmas like at the Smith household? "It's very nice, it's very loving. We like to give back and donate a lot to different, various charities, like Worthy of Love and such. It's very nice, you know, I love Christmas with my family." VARIOUS OF MODEL JOURDAN DUNN SPEAKING TO REPORTER (SOUNDBITE) (English) MODEL, JOURDAN DUNN, SAYING: REPORTER: Is it more fun being a spectator at these events instead of being on stage? "Oh, hell yes! Like last year, I mean, it was amazing, I won Model of the Year last year, but this time I can actually just enjoy the show and just take it all in, not freaking out about me going on stage with a speech. So I'm excited to be here." VARIOUS OF ACTOR AND MUSICIAN JARED LETO (WEARING RED, MAROON AND LIGHT BLUE CAPE WITH EMBROIDERY DESIGN) ON RED CARPET VARIOUS OF MODEL JOAN SMALLS SPEAKING TO REPORTER FASHION DESIGNER JULIEN MACDONALD AND TV PERSONALITY AND SINGER NICOLE SCHERZINGER SPEAKING TO REPORTER VARIOUS OF SCHERZINGER'S OUTFIT
- Embargoed: 21st December 2016 00:56
- Keywords: Fashion Awards Fashion Awards 2016 Gigi Hadid Karlie Kloss Lady Gaga Marilyn Manson Jaden Smith red carpet Royal Albert Hall
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Reuters ID: LVA0015BM0SWP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The fashion industry's top designers, models and celebrity fans braved the chilly winter weather in London to walk the red carpet at the 2016 Fashion Awards.
The star-studded event was held at the Royal Albert Hall on Monday (December 5) and saw the likes of Lady Gaga, Karlie Kloss, Salma Hayek, Jared Leto, Jean-Paul Gaultier and Donatella Versace in attendance.
21-year-old Gigi Hadid was crowned international model of the year, beating her sister Bella, friend and fellow Victoria's Secret Angel Kendall Jenner, and Adwoa Aboah and Lineisy Montero.
Meanwhile Alexander McQueen was named best British brand, and Gucci was awarded prizes for international business leader and international accessories designer.
The gala dinner pulled in several guests from across the Atlantic, including Will Smith's son and actor himself, Jaden Smith. He said he wanted to meet some of the people who inspire him.
"I'm just looking to experience it because it's my first time, so I just want to see what it's like and just see who's here, different things I can learn from my idols and such, I'm just happy to be here, I'm very honoured," Smith told Reuters.
French couturier Jean-Paul Gaultier, who has dressed Rihanna, Marion Cotillard and Cate Blanchett in the past, said there were still plenty of people he wants to design outfits for.
"If I see somebody that should like to have that I make clothes, it's quite interesting because it can be a very different person. In reality I have not one, you know, they're in or the one which is of the moment, the flavour of the moment, I like to see personality on people. So there are still a lot I'd like to dress," said Gaultier.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None