- Title: Kerry says "hopeful" about reaching agreement with Russia over Aleppo
- Date: 8th December 2016
- Summary: HAMBURG, GERMANY (DECEMBER 8, 2016) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTER, SERGEI LAVROV, ARRIVING FOR MEETING VARIOUS OF LAVROV SITTING WITH DELEGATES AT MEETING ROOM CLOSE UP OF LAVROV U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE, JOHN KERRY, ARRIVING FOR MEETING KERRY LEAVING MEETING (SOUNDBITE) (English) U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE, JOHN KERRY, SAYING: "We're working on something here and we have to wait for certain feedback and input, but we are working on something and we will see where we get. I am not confident, I am hopeful." KERRY LEAVING EUROPEAN UNION FOREIGN POLICY CHIEF FEDERICA MOGHERINI ENTERING MEETING ROOM/LAVROV SAYING TO JOURNALISTS (English): "Can you currently get out? We don't have much time. Thank you very much." LAVROV / MOGHERINI AT MEETING LAVROV AND MOGHERINI AT MEETING MOGHERINI LEAVING MEETING
- Embargoed: 23rd December 2016 12:51
- Keywords: OSCE John Kerry Sergei Lavorv Mideast Crisis Aleppo
- Location: HAMBURG, GERMANY
- City: HAMBURG, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Reuters ID: LVA0015C0WUVB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Thursday (December 8) he was "hopeful" about reaching an agreement with Russia over the Syrian city of Aleppo but that he was still waiting for "certain feedback and input".
"We're working on something here, and we have to wait " Kerry told reporters after meeting Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov at an Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe conference in Hamburg, Germany.
Asked if he was confident about a breakthrough, Kerry said he was not confident, but "hopeful".
The Kremlin said on Wednesday that a potential U.S.-Russia deal to allow Syrian rebels to safely leave Aleppo was still on the agenda.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None