- Title: France hosts ministerial meeting of countries opposed to Assad
- Date: 10th December 2016
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (DECEMBER 10, 2016) (AGENCY POOL) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** EXTERIOR OF FRENCH FOREIGN MINISTRY CAR CARRYING U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE, JOHN KERRY, ENTERING FORECOURT KERRY, GETTING OUT OF CAR, GREETING FRENCH FOREIGN MINISTER, JEAN-MARC AYRAULT, AND GOING INSIDE CAR CARRYING GERMAN FOREIGN MINISTER, FRANK-WALTER STEINMEIER, ENTERING FORECOURT, STEINMEIER GETTING OUT OF CAR, GREETING AYRAULT, GOING INSIDE CAR CARRYING BRITISH FOREIGN SECRETARY, BORIS JOHNSON, ARRIVING JOHNSON WALKING UP STAIRS AND ENTERING MINISTRY WITH AYRAULT CAR CARRYING TURKISH FOREIGN MINISTER, MEVLUT CAVUSOGLU, ARRIVING CAVUSOGLU GETTING OUT, WALKING INTO MINISTRY MINISTERS GATHERING FOR FAMILY PHOTO INCLUDING CAVUSOGLU, STEINMEIER, QATARI FOREIGN MINISTER, SHEIKH MOHAMMED BIN ABDULRAHMAN AL-THANI, JOHNSON, AYRAULT AND KERRY MINISTERS POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPH CAMERAMAN SHOOTING / FOREIGN MINISTERS ON STAGE JOHNSON AND KERRY TALKING MINISTERS LEAVING STAGE MINISTERS ENTERING ROOM KERRY SITTING DOWN AT ROUNDTABLE VARIOUS OF MINISTERS SITTING AT ROUNDTABLE
- Embargoed: 25th December 2016 09:18
- Keywords: Syria meeting Ayrault Johnson Paris Qatar Turkey Aleppo
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVA0015CAUD6V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault hosted a meeting in Paris to discuss Syria on Saturday (December 10) with United States, European and Arab top diplomats and members of Syria's opposition, a group known as the "friends of Syria".
Foreign ministers from countries including the United States, Germany, Britain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey and a representative from the European Union attended the meeting at the French foreign ministry as the Syrian government advances into the remains of rebel-held east Aleppo.
The Syrian government now controls 93 percent of the city, the Russian Defence Ministry said on Saturday, according to reports from Russian news agencies.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None