- Title: Young Han Solo Alden Ehrenreich is studying Harrison Ford
- Date: 25th November 2016
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (RECENT - NOVEMBER 11, 2016) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTORS MATTHEW BRODERICK AND ALDEN EHRENREICH SAYING: EHRENREICH: "I don't know if my nights are spent doing that, I don't know? BRODERICK: "You need the scar." EHRENREICH: "Oh yeah" BRODERICK: "Are you you going to have a scar?" EHRENREICH: "I don't know. I think it's all being worked out still." BRODERICK: "Well, I think you should have a scar."
- Embargoed: 10th December 2016 19:10
- Keywords: Han Solo Alden Ehrenreich Star Wars Donald Glover Emilia Clarke Harrison Ford Matthew Broderick endorsement
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA00559XWNKD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Young Han Solo actor Alden Ehrenreich is being endorsed by co-stars who say he is channeling Harrison Ford for the iconic role in the Star Wars spin-off.
Annette Bening, who stars alongside the 27-year-old in new movie "Rules Don't Apply," appeared opposite Ford in "Regarding Henry".
"A lot of actors are very extroverted, not all but many, Alden is not an extrovert even though he is a very, very good and serious actor. He's a listener, he's very inquisitive, I just was with him the other night, we were talking about something completely outside of the business and he was just... he was actually asking me quite a bit about... maybe it was Harrison Ford he was asking about? Maybe it was business?" she said.
Ehrenreich joked with his "Rules Don't Apply" co-star, Matthew Broderick, about whether his younger Han will bear trademarks of Ford's version, such as scar.
To Broderick's question, "Are you you going to have a scar?" Ehrenreich replied, "I don't know. I think it's all being worked out still."
"Well, I think you should have a scar," said Broderick with a laugh.
Last year Ford, who is not involved in the spin-off about his iconic character's early days, said he didn't have an opinion on who should play him or what the film should be about.
"I don't think it's about being like me, it's about us being like Han Solo so I am sure whoever is responsible for that film, and I'm not, will think through the issues and problems of doing such a thing. Let's make them responsible for those questions you might think to ask me, because I am not involved."
"Game of Thrones" actress Emilia Clark and "The Martian" actor Donald Glover have both joined the as-yet-untitled Han Solo project which is scheduled to hit theaters in 2018.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None