- Title: Daredevil Saudi boy to compete in Arabs Got Talent
- Date: 22nd November 2016
- Summary: RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA (NOVEMBER 13, 2016) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF KHALED ALLUKMAN, CANDIDATE FOR ARAB GOT TALENT SHOW, IN TRAINING WALKING ON SMASHED GLASS CHILDREN OF KHALED`S FAMILY WATCHING HIM AND SUPPORTING KHALED JUMPING ON SMASHED GLASS CAPTAIN MAHER ALLUKMAN, FATHER OF KHALED GIVING HIM INSTRUCTIONS KHALED JUMPING OVER GLASS (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) FATHER OF KHALED, CAPTAIN MAHER ALLUKMAN, SAYING: "My son did not learn and reach this stage overnight. My son has worked hard, I worked hard on him. I have 14 years’ experience and exercise in this game until I reached this stage of professionalism. You will see the results now in my son Khaled." MAHER SHOWING HEAVY METAL PLATE FULL WITH NAILS MAHER PUTTING THE PLATE OVER KHALED'S CHEST CHILDREN SUPPORTING KHALED VARIOUS OF TWO CHILDREN STANDING ON THE PLATE ON KHALED'S CHEST (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) CLOSE FRIEND OF KHALED, HUSSEIN AL-UNAIZI, SAYING: "My friend Khaled is a champion, and I wish him success in Arabs got Talent and God willing he wins. He dazzled us." VARIOUS OF MAHER SHOWING REAL KNIVES VARIOUS OF KHALED LAYING ON GROUND AND MAHER DROPPING KNIVES ON HIS STOMACH FRIENDS CLAPPING MAHER AND KHALED SITTING TALKING MAHER MOVING CHARCOAL (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) KHALED ALLUKMAN, CANDIDATE PARTICIPATING AT ARAB GOT TALENT SHOW, SAYING: "I have trained a lot and put a lot of effort in and I am coming to you, Ahmed Helmy (Famous Egyptian actor and Arabs Got Talent juror)." VARIOUS OF EXTERIOR OF CARE HOSPITAL VARIOUS OF KHALED TRAINING WITH OTHER TEAM MEMBERS AT CARE HOSPITAL IN RIYADH VARIOUS OF SPECIALIST DOCTOR PREPARING KHALED FOR MUSCLES STRENGTH TEST KHALED AND HIS FRIEND LOOKING AT THE SCREEN TEST KHALED LIFTING HIS LEG UP FOR MUSCLES TEST DOCTOR SHOWING POWER OF LEG ON SCREEN VARIOUS OF TEAM MEETING WITH THEIR SPONSOR AT CARE, HEALTH CARE COMPANY (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER AT NATIONAL MEDICAL CARE CO., DR. MOHAMMED ALDAR, SAYING: "We have seen these competencies and we have seen that there is scope for sponsorship of them in the representation of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We did not hesitate for even a second that we must sponsor this energy, it must be presented as required and we believe that we as a healthcare company have to be the first to take the initiative for such initiatives." DR. ALDAR AND KHALED SHOWING FINGERPRINT SIGN OF SUCCESS
- Embargoed: 7th December 2016 09:52
- Keywords: Saudi Arabia Riyadh Arabs Got Talent strength talent
- Location: RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA
- City: RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA
- Country: Saudi Arabia
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA00159IXIZ9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A ten year old boy from Saudi Arabia has his heart set on showing the world his strength, skills and daredevil moves -- by appearing on hit TV show Arabs Got Talent.
Khaled Allukman has been training in Riyadh ahead of travelling to Beirut, where the MBC show is filmed.
His stunts include walking and jumping over smashed glass and nails, walking over hot coals and having sharp knives dropped on him without piercing his skin.
Maher Allukman, Kahled's father and personal trainer, says being invited to Arabs Got Talent has come after years of hard work.
"My son did not learn and reach this stage overnight. My son has worked hard, I worked hard on him. I have 14 years experience and exercise in this game until i reached this stage of professionalism. You will see the results now in my son Khaled," he said.
The hugely popular TV show features contestant with a variety of talents such as singing, dancing, comedy and magic.
Commentary and analysis on the show comes from four celebrity judges from various Middle Eastern countries, including Egyptian actor Ahmed Helmi -- someone that Khaled is particularly keen to meet.
"I have trained a lot and put a lot of effort in and I am coming to you, Ahmed Helmy!" said Khaled.
The hopes of the nation are on the young boys shoulders, but he's also been getting help from his compatriots.
Saudi healthcare company Care is sponsoring Khaled and his family financially and providing the talented youngster with medical tests and providing him with access to their hospital facilities and the sports hall.
"We have seen these competencies and we have seen that there is scope for sponsorship of them in the representation of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We did not hesitate for even a second that we must sponsor this energy," said Dr. Mohammed Aldar from Care.
The grand prize for winner of previous seasons of Arabs Got Talent is 500,000 Saudi Riyals, a contact with MBC and a brand new Chrysler 300 -- if Khaled wins he'll have to wait a few years until he's old enough to drive it.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None