- Title: The Rolling Stones share their history with the traveling show, Exhibitionism
- Date: 15th November 2016
- Summary: VIDEO PLAYING IN FILM GALLERY WIDE OF EXHIBIT ALBUM PROMOTION POSTERS GUITARS ON DISPLAY EXTERIOR OF EXHIBITION
- Embargoed: 30th November 2016 19:58
- Keywords: Rolling Stones Exhibition Exhibitionism Mick Jagger Keith Richards Charlie Watts Ronnie Wood band rockers London
- Location: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA00358K4ITP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The Rolling Stones' show, "Exhibitionism" is making its second stop in New York City.
The traveling show, which first opended in London, features roughly 500 items and is sort of a history lesson on the band and their journey to global stardom. A team of designers and collaborators worked with band members, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood, to create the traveling exhibition, sharing personal memories and archives from their career.
Curator Ileen Gallagher described some of the highlights.
"I think Keith's diary from 1963 is one of the rare things in the exhibit. It's down in the 'meet the band' gallery. And then Mick's omega t-shirt that he wore at Madison Square Garden in 1975. So those are two of the very rare items in the show."
Items are spread out over 17,000 square feet over two floors and are split into nine galleries including style, film and stage design.
The exhibition starts with a video installation and then shows how the band lived in 1962.
"The recreation of the apartment, of course, which is really like an art installation, has been a big hit," said Gallagher.
The footprint of the apartment is an exact replica, the inside was created from Keith, Mick and Charlie's memories.
Over 70 orignal costumes created by top designers including JP Gaultier, Gucci, Dior, and L'Wren Scott are on display.
The show first opened at the Saatchi Gallery in April and will continue in Chicago before touring 9 more cities around the world over a four-year period.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.