- Title: Russian cafe cashes in on U.S. election
- Date: 7th November 2016
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (NOVEMBER 7, 2016) (REUTERS) PEOPLE STANDING IN FRONT OF CAFE COUNTER AND LOOKING AT MENU MAN LOOKING AT POSTER SHOWING 'TRUMP WRAP', READING (Russian): "Taste Trump" DIGITAL SCREEN SHOWING ADVERTISEMENT OF WRAPS READING (Russian): "Lick Hillary! 271 rubles" AND "Taste Trump. 271 rubles" MAN AND WOMAN LOOKING AT MENU VARIOUS OF CAFE BRAND CHIEF, IGOR PANTELEYEV, COOKING WRAP (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) CAFE BRAND CHIEF, IGOR PANTELEYEV, SAYING: "I was studying and analysing their biographies, what people eat, and of course, their gastronomical predilections. And then I put that knowledge into our conception and created wraps." POSTER SHOWING 'TRUMP WRAP', READING (Russian): "Taste Trump" VARIOUS OF PANTELEYEV WARMING UP WRAP (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) CAFE BRAND CHIEF, IGOR PANTELEYEV, SAYING: "'Trump-wrap' has more meaty stuffing; it is full of proteins and has a big caloric value. It can be compared with his (Donald Trump) difficult life journey, earning billions in construction sphere." PANTELEYEV PUTTING YELLOW SAUCE ON TOP OF 'TRUMP-WRAP' (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) CAFE BRAND CHIEF, IGOR PANTELEYEV, SAYING: "'Hillary-wrap' is spicier. (LAUGHS) No matter what people say about her. But she is a very eccentric woman. That's why you never know where you will burn yourself. So, that's why the 'Hillary-wrap' is spicier." YOUNG WOMAN EATING WRAP CAFE AT FOOD COURT IN SHOPPING MALL CUSTOMER AT COUNTER
- Embargoed: 22nd November 2016 18:18
- Keywords: USA election Donald Trump Hillary Clinton wrap cafe food
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Government/Politics,Elections/Voting
- Reuters ID: LVA00157G60JR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: One day ahead of the U.S. presidential election, a chain of fast food cafes in Moscow was cashing in on the event, offering special a 'Hillary-wrap' and 'Trump-wrap' on their menu.
The idea was suggested by a cafe brand chief, Igor Panteleyev, who was very interested in the candidates and spent some time reading about them.
He created the receipt of 'Trump-wrap' based on businessman's food preferences - steaks, hamburgers, pasta, French fries. But decided to put yellow sauce on top - a reference to Trump's hair.
"'Trump-wrap' has more meaty stuffing; it is full of proteins and has a big caloric value. It can be compared with his (Donald Trump) difficult life journey, earning billions in construction sphere," Panteleyev said.
Of his 'Hillary-wrap', Panteleyev said: "She is a very eccentric woman. That's why you never know where you will burn yourself. So, that's why 'Hillary-wrap' is spicier."
The first wraps went on sale last week. Every wrap costs 271 rubles (four USD approx.).
On election day, the owners of the cafe plan to calculate how many 'Trump-wraps' and 'Hillary-wraps' were bought during the sale and announce their results.
The latest Reuters/Ipsos poll showed Clinton with a 5 percentage point lead over the New York businessman nationally - 44 percent to 39 percent support - while races in the swing states of Florida and North Carolina shifted from favouring Clinton to being too close to call.
Clinton held a 4-point lead in the ABC/Washington Post poll and a CBS news poll released on Monday.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None