- Title: Quakes cause fear, injuries, widespread damage in central Italy
- Date: 27th October 2016
- Summary: VISSO, ITALY (OCTOBER 27, 2016) (REUTERS) COLLAPSED CHURCH VARIOUS COLLAPSED CHURCH (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) VISSO MAYOR, GIULIANO PAZZAGLINI, SAYING: "The situation is terrible because as you can see there is considerable damage. But luckily I can say it is better than what it looks like, because we don't have anyone dead, injured or missing." VARIOUS DAMAGED BUILDINGS RUBBLE ON GROUND HUGE CRACKS ON SIDE OF BUILDING PEOPLE STANDING CHATTING IN STREET IN FRONT OF DAMAGED BUILDINGS (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) VISSO MAYOR, GIULIANO PAZZAGLINI, SAYING: "Thanks to the quality of the building construction, we have limited buildings that have collapsed. The ones that have collapsed are the ones that were already heavily damaged by the earthquake on August 24." POLICEMAN GIVING OLD MAN A BOTTLE OF WATER PEOPLE CHATTING IN THE STREET FIREMEN ESCORTING PEOPLE TO COLLECT BELONGINGS FROM DAMAGED HOUSES
- Embargoed: 11th November 2016 11:40
- Keywords: italy quake damage mayor visso castel sant'angelo italy
- Location: VISSO, CASTEL SANT'ANGELO SUL NERA, USSITA AND PIEVEBOVIGLIANA, ITALY
- City: VISSO, CASTEL SANT'ANGELO SUL NERA, USSITA AND PIEVEBOVIGLIANA, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents,Earthquakes/Volcanoes/Tsunami
- Reuters ID: LVA00155S698N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Daylight revealed widespread damage in central Italy on Thursday (October 27) after strong earthquakes overnight that caused panic and fear among residents just two months after a quake nearby killed hundreds.
No deaths have so far been reported following the night quake, but dozens of people sustained minor injuries and about four others more serious ones, Italy's Civil Protection Agency said.
Many residents slept in their cars as aftershocks rocked Umbria, Marche and Lazio regions throughout the night.
The earthquake on August 24 in the same area killed nearly 300 people and destroyed several towns.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None