- Title: Kardashian robbery shocks Paris Fashion Week celebrities
- Date: 3rd October 2016
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (OCTOBER 3, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF GUEST POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS BEFORE STELLA MCCARTNEY FASHION SHOW GUEST GETTING OUT OF CAR VARIOUS OF ACTRESS SALMA HAYEK ARRIVING WITH HUSBAND, FRANCOIS-HENRI PINAULT (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTRESS, SALMA HAYEK, SAYING: "The important thing is that she's OK. (JOURNALIST ASKING: "And are you surprised that it could happen in Paris?"). Yes. It's strange." VARIOUS OF MAN HANDING OUT FLYERS AT DOOR VARIOUS OF VOGUE JAPAN EDITOR, ANNA DELLO RUSSO, POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS ACTRESS, KRISTEN SCOTT-THOMAS, ARRIVING MODEL, NATALIA VODIANOVA, ARRIVING (SOUNDBITE) (English) 'LA REPUBLICCA' FASHION EDITOR, SIMONE MARCHETTI, SAYING: "Yes (I was surprised) because of the security. It's really scary." (SOUNDBITE) (English) 'ELLE UK' FASHION DIRECTOR, ANNE-MARIE CURTIS, SAYING: "I mean she's a big supporter of some of the brands so I think she's welcome here for that you know. She's a big supporter of those designers so I think that's good. Thank you!" PARIS OPERA HOUSE
- Embargoed: 18th October 2016 10:08
- Keywords: Kim Kardashian robbery Paris gunpoint theft jewels fashion week Salma Hayek
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA00152G9OHZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The fashion show must go on but news of Kim Kardashian's hold-up by armed gunmen during Paris Fashion Week shocked guests arriving to see Stella McCartney's latest collection on Monday (October 3).
Arriving with her husband Francois-Henri Pinault, Salma Hayek said she was very sorry to hear the news.
"The important thing is that she's OK," she said.
Reality TV star Kardashian was tied up in her bathroom by armed thieves who made off with millions of dollars worth of jewellery, hours after attending some of Paris's most sought-after shows.
Many on Monday were shocked that the masked robbers had made it past Kardashian's security contingent.
"(I was surprised) because of the security. It's really scary," fashion editor of Italian newspaper 'La Republicca' Simone Marchetti said.
Kardashian is a Paris Fashion Week mainstay, having attended Balmain, Balenciaga and Givenchy ready-to-wear shows this season.
"I mean she's a big supporter of some of the brands so I think she's welcome here for that you know," Elle UK fashion editor Anne-Marie Curtis said.
Kardashian was shaken by the ordeal but physically unharmed, her publicist said.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None