- Title: USA: Cast members talk about their time together on "The Avengers"
- Date: 17th April 2012
- Summary: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (APRIL 14, 2012) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English), CHRIS HEMSWORTH AND CHRIS EVANS, "THE AVENGERS" ACTORS, SAYING: "CHRIS HEMSWORTH: "Ah, look if you have any interest in blockbusters in general." CHRIS EVANS: " "It's like the lobster tail of the summer blockbusters. It's like the prime rib, it's the marquee, and it's the dish that you want." CHRIS HEMSWORTH: "If you like superhero films you've got all of them slammed together. It's fun, it's action packed, it's a smorgasbord of lobster filet mignon. He started it, sorry." (SOUNDBITE) (English), CHRIS HEMSWORTH, "THE AVENGERS" ACTOR, SAYING: "Certainly the first day I was on set, or most of us were on set, they assembled all of us together in the same set, which was a tough set to walk on to but it was equally exciting as it was nerve wracking to see not only Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans and Mark Ruffalo and this is Captain America and the Hulk and Ironman, but that was a real moment and I thought, 'Wow, this was something special to be a part of.'"
- Embargoed: 2nd May 2012 13:00
- Location: Usa, Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVABYG9AC8JGLVXZHSLUW6VQUUMV
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Scarlett Johansson and the cast of "The Avengers" are abuzz on why they think the film will be this summer's biggest blockbuster, set for release May 4.
"People love the Hulk," said the 27-year-old actress. "They're crazy for the Hulk, we had a screening a few days ago and people were going ape for the Hulk. And he looks great as well, he looks really amazing."
Her character is among a list of recruits put together by agent Nick Fury, played by Samuel L. Jackson. His job - to save the world from evil god Loki, played by Brit Tom Hiddleston. Fury assembles a rag tag team of superheroes to fight, but far too often their egos get in the way. Although the characters' big personalities clashed in the film, Jackson and Hiddleston agreed that the actors were relatively drama free on set.
"It's just that we all like each other and we understand the nature of the film," Jackson said. "Joss created an atmosphere that was very low pressure and kind of fun and we just kind of fell into it."
"It was, we were all like big kids, basically, in Albuquerque, New Mexico," Hiddleston said. "None of us were from there so we were all like strangers in a foreign land. We used to go over to Chris Hemsworth's house and play table tennis. Scarlett and I found somewhere to go horseback riding. Jeremy Renner had a lovely house. He had Dance Dance Revolution on his Wii so we'd do that. It was hilarious, it was a good time."
Chris Hemsworth, who plays Thor, and Chris Evans, who plays Captain America, joked that going to see "The Avengers" was like having the best meal of your life.
"It's like the lobster tail of the summer blockbusters," Evans said. "It's like the prime rib, it's the marquee, and it's the dish that you want."
"If you like superhero films you've got all of them slammed together," Hemsworth said. "It's fun, it's action packed, it's a smorgasbord of lobster filet mignon. He started it, sorry."
The action adventure movie will open in theaters on May 4.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None