- Title: ITALY: MILAN FASHION WEEK
- Date: 24th September 2002
- Summary: (U7) MILAN, ITALY (SEPTEMBER 24, 2002) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF BACKSTAGE AT AUSTRIAN DESIGNER INES VALENTINITSCH SHOW (5 SHOTS) SET-UP SHOT OF INES VALENTINITSCH (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) AUSTRIAN DESIGNER INES VALENTINITSCH SAYING "I was very influenced by my pregancy with this collection, so this is a much more femininine and soft collection even the colours are more gentle and not as aggressive lets say."
- Embargoed: 9th October 2002 13:00
- Location: MILAN, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Arts
- Reuters ID: LVA4FBTVX4BE9C0FFRKCKMNACC3P
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Austrian designer Ines Valentinitsch has shown a softer side to her work on the second day of shows in Milan.
There was a more subtle look than usual at Valentinitsch's show in Milan on Tuesday (September 24) as she drew on Homer and Plato's tales of sirens serenading unsuspecting sailors to their deaths.
Valentinitsch, who has wooed Milans fashion crowd with bold prints that turned pinstripes into tracks left by tiny-skiers or decorated skirts with silhouettes of diving women, took a gentler track this year.
"I was very influenced by my pregancy with this collection, so this is a much more femininine and soft collection even the colors are more gentle and not as aggressive lets say," said Valentinitsch, who had a baby just 10 days ago.
Certainly chiffon found a new home on Valentinitsch's rail, draped ancient-Greek style from a neck band and tied close to the torso with thin ribbons.
But playful aggression still flowed from the tired new mother, with dominatrix-like thigh boots tied criss-cross up the front or a breast-revealing breastplate of gold and silver discs like mermaid-tail scales.
Even the more conventional dresser can have her fair share of siren sexiness with Capri pant suits or 1950s ruched jackets printed with little blue mermaids.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None