- Title: USA: CHOREOGRAPHER ELIOT FELD TALKS ABOUT HIS LATEST BALLET "BALLET TECH"
- Date: 17th April 2001
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, USA (APRIL 15,2000) (RTV)/ (PERFORMANCE CLEARANCE FOR RESALE) BALLET DANCERS IN BALLET TECH
- Embargoed: 2nd May 2001 13:00
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, USA
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment / Showbiz
- Reuters ID: LVA4HE1TB34CHDM50IK9VVXIJHSX
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: One of America's greatest dancers and choreographers, Eliot Feld, who has over 120 ballets to his credit, kicks off his spring season in New York, with his contemporary ballet, called Ballet Tech.
There are no tutus, swans or snow flakes in Elliot Feld's "Ballet Tech." Instead, strong dynamic dancers showcase explosive highly evolved steps to music. It's a testament to creativity, almost reflecting the elegance of Baroque court dancing, from which classical ballet arose.
Sexy and eccentric, world renowned Choreographer Eliot Feld's contemporary ballet is rich and resonant with a spooky echo of contemporary life. For the remarkably energetic Feld, who has choreographed more than 120 successful ballet productions, it's the music that inspires him.
One of America's greatest dancemakers, Feld creates ballets using music from Bach to contemporary urban jazz. East ballet, he says, is a puzzle of its own. He has the cache of being one of the first ever to dance at Lincoln Center. Feld starred as Baby John in the film version of West Side Story.
He almost single-handedly revived an old porn palace on 8th Avenue, turning it into a world-renowned dance venue, The Joyce Theater. He also helms one of the tightest and most innovative dance companies in the US called Ballet Tech.
Highly imaginative and masterfully crafted, Eliot Feld's "Ballet Tech" is intensely rewarding for anyone who treasures art, culture and music.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.