- Title: FILE: Amanda Bynes' mother gets temporary conservatorship
- Date: 9th August 2013
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) AMANDA BYNES
- Embargoed: 24th August 2013 13:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA4ILOPQIIO6MY6BMT0DGSM1704
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: A California judge gave Amanda Bynes' mother legal control of the trouble actress's affairs on Friday (August 9), according to court documents.
Ventura County Superior Court Judge Glen Reiser granted a temporary conservatorship motion brought by Bynes' parents, the documents said. They filed the request after the 27-year-old actress allegedly started a small fire in front of a home in the Los Angeles suburb of Thousand Oaks last month.
Ventura County Sheriff deputies immediately placed the former Nickelodeon star in involuntary psychiatric care at a local hospital after the July 22 incident, and Bynes has been there ever since.
Bynes' mother, Lynn Bynes, will now have control over her financial and legal affairs. She would also gain control over Bynes' medical treatment if the actress is released from court-ordered treatment.
It is rare for a judge to grant conservatorship in the case of adults. Most famously, pop singer Britney Spears was put under conservatorship in 2008 following a personal meltdown and divorce. Her father and lawyer remain in control of her affairs, even though her singing career has rebounded.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None