- Title: ITALY: MARNI AND ARMANI PRESENT THEIR SHOWS AT MILAN FASHION WEEK
- Date: 22nd February 2005
- Summary: (L!1) MILAN, ITALY (FEBRUARY 22, 2005) (REUTERS) HIGHLIGHTS OF FASHION SHOW (25 SHOTS) DESIGNER CONSUELA CASTIGLIONE GREETING AUDIENCE HIGHLIGHTS OF FASHION SHOW (21 SHOTS) GIORGIO ARMANI GREETING AUDIENCE
- Embargoed: 9th March 2005 12:00
- Location: MILAN, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Arts
- Reuters ID: LVA4NZ667JVC9BFE2013N7MYQSOH
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Marni and Armani present their shows at Milan fashion week Marni floated into childish but homely elegance at its winter 2005 fashion show.
Marni has been the darling of the fashion crowd for the last few years, designer Consuela Castiglionis quirky sense of humour wooing editors bored with run-of-the-mill style and overblown statements of grandeur.
This time around, the Milan-based designer used a muted palette of biscuit, blue and green to create a collection of that merged the school playground with homeliness.
Long dressing gowns were cut with round necks like school uniforms while long capes in satins and silks floated over short puffed out skirts, long black socks and high heels.
Giorgio Armani had a blast with bloomers in his winter 2005 show, backing his trademark jackets with ballooning shorts in black and biscuit brown.
Armani said his top line collection was for the glamorous, courageous woman who liked to show her legs and it will take some courage to dress up in the bloomers that made even the catwalk models look curvy.
But beyond the shorts, Armani showed flashes of his regular wearability with a smudged cherry red mohair coat wrapped around into a huge lapel and a long series of little black dresses for every social occasion.
Armani is predominantly known for his clothes, having famously deconstructed men's jackets but in this collection he also had his mind on the money, pumping out accessories that make so much cash for rival fashion houses.
Top-quality croc-skin handbags, chunky necklaces and kitten-heeled shoes all won praise while for the next Four Weddings and a Funeral moment there was a metre-wide hat that will make sure you stand out from the crowd.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.